Author Topic: What weapon would you choose in real life  (Read 9292 times)

Grantophus

• Survivor
Re: What weapon would you choose in real life
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2013, 01:15:11 AM »
The problem with firearms is that they require ammunition. The problem with ammunition is that it gets used up, and will become scarce as the apocalyptic scenario unfolds. Thus, out of the weapon choices offered, I choose a spiked baseball bat as my primary. My secondary, even with the above in mind, would be a long-range weapon, the hunting rifle. This would give me versatility, so I could pick off some of the zeds incoming before they're within short range. Then the bat comes out.

-Grant.
m00
m000
m0000
m00000
m000000
m0000000
m00000000
m000000000
m0000000000
m00000000000
m000000000000
m0000000000000
m00000000000000
m000000000000000
m0000000000000000
m00000000000000000
m000000000000000000
m0000000000000000000
m00000000000000000000
m000000000000000000000
m0000000000000000000000
CDC...

SuperBobSaget

• Hopeless
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2013, 01:26:15 AM »
a pancake

DrDetox

• Hopeless
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2013, 02:44:01 AM »
My weapon(s) of choice would be two katana swords along with a good sniper rifle with a great scope that include night vision as well as heat signature detector.

The reason I would have two katanas is because it will make me look like a bad ass when you see me walking along the road (besides alot of Japanese warriors carried two swords, one smaller than the other, not that I am Japanese). You never know when you just want to be quiet and not attract alot of attention or noice, swords (as well as others) are sharp and to the point.

The reason I would go with a good hunting sniper rifle with a modificated scope sight is it multiple purpases. It can be used for scoping large areas from afar, be able to see during the night and be able to dictate humans from the dead (with the scope modifications: night visions, heat tractor). Zombies shouldn't have a pulse so they shouldn't have body heat! The custom scope can save survivors from being mistaken or shot and can help during night missions through tough crowd of many undead.

If I was going by the rules and go with any Axe instead of the two katana swords, I would use tomahawks and have many. These can be used for throwing as well as chopping body parts off. Who knows, you might look up in the sky and find yourself in the middle of a tomahawk rain shower!

Highster

• Hopeless
  • Super Beetles :p
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2013, 05:12:25 PM »
I would only carry around melee weapons because if you carry a gun or anything like that you are most likely to create a lot of sound and then that would be bad and attract zombies and it would run out of ammo and you would have to find some if you didnt have any. But with melee weapons i prefer a customed baseball bat would be perfect because it wont break if you hit a zombie you dont need ammo and its light to carry and makes no sound. So i think melee weapons are the best and what i would use

RwWhiz

• Beta Testers
  • Hopeless
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2013, 07:38:32 PM »
I have to say a bat and a .22 pistol and/ or rifle would be best as said by many others the .22 is a very common round found almost anywhere my bat is a little bit more special lol a few years back I started making specialized z-day bats out of 4x4 post the specs at pretty simple about 2 1/2 feet long with a metal spike secured to the top and running down the center of the bat I use rebar but its really what ever you want lol

Killhelgast42

• Hopeless
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2013, 04:07:27 PM »
I have most of the weapons I would want and need already. lol. I have 2 well maintained katana's, a 6 1/2 foot spear, 70 pound compound bow w/plenty of arrows, and an assortment of knives. points to be made here though guys, katana are all well and good if you know how to properly use them. katana have a tendency to get lodged in the bone, especially skulls. there is a lesson u learn while training with one to swing and instantly upon impact to roll ur wrist up to keep the blade from getting lodged and stuck. a nice shaolin monk spear, it's perfect for blunt impact damage, attacking and keeping at a distance, and also has the spear sharpened tip for stabbing and cutting. and finally a crossbow is a beautiful weapon but slow to reload. it isn't the easiest task to chock one of them standing still neverless possible on the move. thus a nice compound or traditional bow would be far more effective and quitter. a crowbar would be nice also for its pure versatility but those can be found everywhere.

Hatchett222

• Beta Testers
  • Survivor
  • Lurking Lurker Lurks.
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2013, 05:55:10 PM »
Hatchets, of course.  ;D

Major Rhyno

• Beta Testers
  • Mercenary
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2013, 08:25:06 PM »
For survival/zombies I would tend go go with a metal softball bat; it's designed to be swung with force, has a natural grip unlike a crowbar and has a large sweet spot. Also I'd be swinging more for the legs, they're a much bigger target than the head and those pesky zombie hands are always up around head/shoulder level trying to grab you when you're in close range, but makes busting those knees so much easier. Second weapon would likely be a .22 rifle for the same reasons listed above but stealth being important as it would be I would likely only use it in emergencies and just avoid zombies as much as possible instead.

I would also try to stay somewhat "armored" but would go more the route of catcher shin guards for legs and soccer shin guards wrapped over forearms then adding goggles, dust mask and helmet if I knew I was getting into the thick of it...need to protect those parts that will be exposed/used more and routes of entry.

Other nice things to have would be a medium draw strength compound bow with target tipped arrows (no need for broad heads as they'll likely break or get stuck), the Fubar by Stanley (better alternative to a regular crowbar), large hatch, binoculars (may not seem like a weapon until you need to see what's up ahead) and of course a bag to carry your stuffs.

Bloodwolfing

• Weapon Mods Beta Testers
  • Hopeless
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2013, 09:51:37 AM »
Army shovel with pike at the end of it with a saw groove on on the side of the shovel or a crossbow or just a bow and arrow bc i can make it and naked more ammo and it does make a big sound

Frankdeath

• Weapon Mods Beta Testers
  • Survivor
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2013, 08:54:12 PM »
I'd use a chain gun. Nothing like mowing down the undead with 6-8 barrels churning out 1200+ bullets per minute.

Doctor mike

• Survivor
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2013, 01:24:16 PM »
I would choose me. I am the perfect weapon aside from the stent in my heart. Detailed knowledge of anatomy? Check. Experience with open handed and weapon combat? Check. Gun proficiency? Check. Knowledge of medicine and survival skills? Check. Lots if guns hand weapons (classic and improvised) swords and ammo? Check. Big stone house with inside swimming pool? Check (parents not mine).  Hot wife to keep me occupied? check.  Narcissistic personality disorder that will screw over those I don't know to protect friends and family? Check.

The best weapon in any situation is your mind, attitude, and preparedness.

ifailedit

• Beta Testers
  • Mercenary
  • PSC IZ VRY VRY SRS
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2013, 06:48:47 PM »
i would bring a kitten.  they are small lions, after all.  & also for teh lulz.

OrcaSnack

• Hopeless
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2013, 03:29:07 PM »
How about an EnderCrowbar?

cam13maca

• Hopeless
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2013, 07:51:36 AM »
If I have learned one thing about zombies, it would be that they are attracted to movement and noise.

I would honestly hide from the zombies in the safest places possible. Anyplace cold is a good hiding place because the zombies will probably freeze. High up seems like a good idea until you've strapped yourself to a tree for the night and you wake up unable to get down. Libraries are probably the best place to hide. They usually have ceilings to hide in and, of course, bookshelves are an excellent barricade to put by windows. Also, if you are trying to build something, all you have to do is find a book about how o build it.

As far as weapons go, a bow and arrows would be one of my top choices, as you can quietly take down zombies and make your own arrows. For melee, I would choose a crowbar. It has a pointy end for stabbing zombies, a blunt end for whacking zombies, and is great for breaking into houses for supplies. Any guns are bad ideas because they create a lot of sound even with a silencer and some guns create a muzzle flash, guns are a terrible idea unless you are fully equipped to take down several hundred/ thousand zombies.

If there is an apocalypse, remember this, as it may save your life.

PsychoDM71

• Hopeless
  • The Man, The Myth, The... Old Pervert!
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2014, 06:46:46 AM »
If I could only obtain 2 weapons, they would be a .22 pistol (light, easy to care for, common ammo, easy to reload) & aa mid-size sword of some type, such as a katan or scimitar (good for close quarters offense/defense, doesn't require reloading, easy to maintain with few supplies needed).
I would also find a museum or some such place where I could obtain a functional suit of field plate armor with helm, and a dive shop for a chain mail shark suit. With minor modification (elbow spikes. retractable forearm blades, small ventilation holes) this will provide excellent defense against bites, as well as providing emergency offensive capability.
PsychoDM71/Sy Kottick