Author Topic: couple newbie questions  (Read 1703 times)

sandman

• Hopeless
couple newbie questions
« on: February 26, 2014, 06:58:08 PM »
how do I level healing? I figured out scavenge and hunt and duel, and speaking of those how do I get those to level up alongside my actual level? I am level 6 and my skill sets are lower than that, I would like to keep 'em somewhat even.

are lock picks a good idea? I have purchased a few but seems the payout is less than the cost of the lock pick ( I could be wrong)

should I try to "thin out" the zombie horde at my safe house? or does that just attract more zombies?

I guess thats all I can think of for now, sorry if these questions are answered elsewhere I have looked and could  not find the answers I am looking for . thanks

raikua

• Player Moderators
  • Hero
  • Alcatraz
Re: couple newbie questions
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 07:32:51 PM »
Ah! To heal, you can click the avatar of anyone who posts "Medic please!" on GC, and click the red button to heal them. OR  you can add a bunch of people as friends, and enter your friendslist. Click the tab a few times to "injured" and click the avatar of anyone listed and heal them.  ;D Healing uses stamina, and the more you do it, the more skill points you earn, much like dueling.

In order to keep your skills even, you're going to have to scavenge, duel, and heal a lot more often than you hunt. (unless it's stamina hunt, you get no exp for that, but it WILL increase your hunt skill)

Lock picks are a good idea. You will earn more after your scavenge level increases a bit. Just don't buy 999 of them like I did. xD

Usually, it's a good idea to kill hordes at your safehouse, because they will "damage" your safehouse (which you can repair under More -> Safehouse -> Manage Safehouse and at the top "Repair") And once the bar hits 0, your Safehouse bonuses will no longer work until you repair it again. HOWEVER, there is currently a glitch that apparently makes your SH invincible, so hordes won't do any damage.  :o SO there's no rush to clear out the horde anymore.
BUT, A lot of the "bigger" Safehouses prefer to keep a horde in house at all times, because you will have "meat shields"  or other survivors at your location who will sometimes take a hit from the attacking zombie (The same as hiring someone)

You're absolutely good to ask questions.  ;) Frequently Asked Questions in game are located in chat, under the little blue help button on the bottom.

sandman

• Hopeless
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 07:44:42 PM »
wow thanks for the fast response and great info, I appreciate it greatly  :)

Alkaline

• Beta Testers
  • Hero
  • I'm from the future!
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 09:29:35 AM »
Helpful Rai is ├╝ber helpful!  8)

raikua

• Player Moderators
  • Hero
  • Alcatraz
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 07:26:30 PM »
No problem! I'm happy to help!  ;D  8)

xocomaox

• Sentinel
  • With weight of statecraft almost bent to earth.
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 11:35:48 PM »
Try to get a decent amount of stamina before you invest too much time trying to level duel and heal skills which rely on stamina. It's going to be much easier and any stamina pills you take will be much more efficient. I'd start actively trying  around lvl 30. Until then, just use what you've got and save every stamina pill you acquire. Except event pills (the red ones).

Y3tta

• Beta Testers
  • Sentinel
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 12:19:03 AM »
Try to get a decent amount of stamina before you invest too much time trying to level duel and heal skills which rely on stamina. It's going to be much easier and any stamina pills you take will be much more efficient. I'd start actively trying  around lvl 30. Until then, just use what you've got and save every stamina pill you acquire. Except event pills (the red ones).

Good advice.

sandman

• Hopeless
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 08:41:38 PM »
thanks xocomaox, and everyone else thanks I appreciate the help

MDI_Cassentra

• Massive Damage
  • Legend
  • Survivor Support Team
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 12:33:46 PM »
That's all great advice, survivors. Welcome to PSC, sandman!