Author Topic: her son’s design as she wears her Zoom Fly SPs to wor  (Read 8 times)

yaya2017

• Mercenary
her son’s design as she wears her Zoom Fly SPs to wor
« on: January 04, 2019, 01:41:59 AM »
The Doernbecher Freestyle Collection pairs patients of an Oregon children’s hospital with Nike designers.Among sneakerheads, Payton Fentress is in good company. The 12-year-Nike Air Max 2017 Womens old from Cedar Park Middle School in Oregon shares a distinction with the likes of Off-White’s Virgil Abloh and  Undercover’s Jun Takahashi: He’s designed his own Nike Zoom Fly SP. In November, a Nike Air Max 270 Femme pair of Fentress’s limited-edition shoes sold for $23,000 at auction. (They included a Tiger Woods signature and a custom Chicago Cubs jersey, but still, not bad for a first try.)Fentress worked with Nike shoe, apparel, and footwear designers on his Zoom Fly SP.This year’s six Doernbecher shoes go on sale December 14. Now in its 15th year, the program has raised almost $24Nike Air Presto Femme  million for the hospital, Nike Air Max 90 Mujer Nike states. Other kid-designed Doernbecher silhouettes include the Air Nike Air Max 95 Femme Max 97, Air Force 1, SB Dunk Low Pro, Air Max 270, and Air Jordan XV.

Fentress told Runner’s World what happened when he was Nike Air Max 270 Mujer selected for this year’s Doernbecher Freestyle. “When I found out, I was really, really excited,” he said. “The designers I had were really nice. We just had Adidas ZX 750 Womens this mood board; they took pictures of different things I might want in a shoe.” Nike Air Max 90 WomensFive Nike designers and developers worked with Fentress to transfer elements of his favorite things onto the canvas.Fentress is part of this year’s Doernbecher Freestyle Collection, a collaboration between Nike and Portland’s OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital in which six patient-designers work with Nike designers and developers to create sneakers that capture the patients’  imaginations. As a child living with the chronic inflammatory bowel disease known as Crohn’s disease, Nike Air Max 97 Damen Doernbecher is a constant  in Fentress’s life. Since age 4, he’s gone to the hospital every four to six weeks to receive medicine infusions that calm the inflammation.

The sixth-grader is a big baseball fan; he plays shortstop in his local league because he likes fielding balls.  Fentress’s dad is from Chicago, and so the Cubs are his favorite team, although Nike Air Presto Mujerhe’s a Portland Trailblazers fan when it comes to basketball. Those details are all over his Zoom Fly SP: The left footbed is printed with the Sports Illustrated cover from the Cubs’ 2016 World Championship, and the years “2016” and “1977” are printed on the tongue (1977 references the Trailblazers’ last championship). Fentress and the design team also considered the shoe’s Adidas Temper Run Femme overall aesthetic. “I just wanted everything to be really colorful,” he said.Fentress’ mom, a runner, said Adidas NMD Mujer she’s been getting plenty of compliments on her son’s design as she wears her Zoom Fly SPs to work. “It’s just been a really good experience for him,” she said. “To get back to the hospital that helped him since the Adidas NMD Femme diagnosis.” Fentress said his long-term goals are to play baseball in college and eventually play for the Chicago www.rossellamilone.it Cubs.Payton’s mom runs in the Zoom Fly SP’s.Fentress attends a Chicago Cubs game.ee the full Doernbecher Collection. Nike Dunk Sky High Womens