Author Topic: Can't load game  (Read 1038 times)

danael

• Hopeless
Can't load game
« on: October 05, 2011, 10:56:26 PM »
Like at all.  Have deleted app, redownloaded and reinstalled - no joy.  The fresh install gets as far as asking me my name; I put the name in, pick my avatar and hit "Continue", and the app crashes.  3 times now.

Probably has something to do with the fact that I got hung up on the Laptop quest a few weeks back and have since scavenged two of the damn things without the game "completing" the mission for me.

Just read down - same issue as Wookee.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 10:58:21 PM by danael »

MDI_Grendel

• Federation Fleet Commander
  • Administrator
  • Hero
    • Massive Damage Inc.
Re: Can't load game
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 11:04:09 PM »
Hi Danael,

I've patched your character and believe we've squashed the problem. Would you mind trying the laptop mission again? Again, sorry for the troubles but we hope that it's all resolved now.

Thanks!
- Grendel [MDI]

danael

• Hopeless
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 11:47:53 PM »
Thanks for the superfast reply!

The game now loads fine - and thanks much for that, I was having withdrawls.  :)  So, I found a locked room with the Trust Me mission active, and scavenged the laptop.  The progress meter at the top went from 0 to 1... but still no word from Athena, and the mission still shows on the mission screen.  Looking at that screen, I notice that the location it lists is not the one where the Trust Me mission appeared.  Huh.

EDIT: And when I re-investigate the location I scavenged the laptop from, there's that locked door again with the Trust Me mission on it.  No big rush on this one, just reporting the news.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 11:50:41 PM by danael »

MDI_Grendel

• Federation Fleet Commander
  • Administrator
  • Hero
    • Massive Damage Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 12:08:14 AM »
Hi Danael,

Your mission should be completed now - you can claim the reward by tapping on Missions and then Claim Reward, that should trigger the completion for you.

Sorry for the troubles and hope that this will get you moving on again. Thanks!
- Grendel [MDI]

danael

• Hopeless
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 01:04:43 AM »
A couple of hiccups later, we're in business.  Things ticking along nicely.  Thanks again!