Author Topic: Safehouse Challenges Beta: It's live!  (Read 2799 times)

MDI_Cassentra

• Massive Damage
  • Legend
  • Survivor Support Team
Safehouse Challenges Beta: It's live!
« on: March 10, 2015, 05:47:38 PM »
Throw the gauntlet, survivors. Let the apocalypse know who reigns supreme. Best your enemies on an EXCLUSIVE SH v. SH leaderboard. SAFEHOUSE CHALLENGES ARE HERE!

So what's a challenge?
Safehouse Challenges (Beta) are an all new way to compete as a team and challenge another safehouse to battle for fun and glory. We're releasing this new feature in a game wide Beta today!

Why is Safehouse Challenges in Beta?
Before formalizing any new feature in game, we like to see how it's used and if we need to make tweaks or changes, to ensure it's fun, balanced, and functioning as intended. Please feel free to share your feedback on this new feature: your comments and suggestions are welcome!

How do I start a challenge?
The Challenges Admin screen is located in the +More menu, under the crafting button. If you don't see the button currently, tap the space where the button would be. :) 

To challenge another safehouse, type the player name of any ONE survivor that resides in the safehouse you wish to battle. You can select from a number of different challenge types and durations in the dropdown menus on the admin screen. Once a challenge has been issued, the officers in the opposing house will receive a notification detailing the challenge and asking if they accept.

Only officers and leaders can start, decline, or withdraw from a challenge. If you aren't an officer in your safehouse, you'll receive notifications of accepted challenges only.

My Challenge is active! What do I now?
You can view progress for both safehouses and individuals by checking Leaderboards>Challenges and find the specific challenge by name. The leaderboards for expired/completed challenges will remain available for at least one day from completion. To earn points, complete the action required by the challenge: Heal survivors! Earn Fame! Hunt Zombies! Win Duels! The Challenge name and end time will be listed on the Leaderboard for that challenge.

What's a Challenge Token?
Currently, challenges cost Tokens. These challenge tokens belong to the safehouse. During the Challenges Beta, safehouses with active members will be given a small amount of tokens to use. Coming soon: earn Challenge Tokens as event rewards! Purchase them from the Black Market! The ability to craft Challenge Tokens!

My safehouse won! What do we get?
There are no prizes awarded for successfully winning a challenge. We've left the rewards to the safehouses to determine: you can battle for glory, for public shaming, for gifts, etc. We've created the challenge framework and you can set the prizes yourselves.

Never give up, never surrender, survivors. Happy challenging!

Fmo

• Hopeless
Re: Safehouse Challenges Beta: It's live!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 09:33:16 PM »
Loving it so far , gonna be interesting

LizzyOnePSC

• Hopeless
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 12:28:34 PM »
Love it!!  It would be helpful to have an announcement when a challenge ends, too!

Thanks!

MDI_Cassentra

• Massive Damage
  • Legend
  • Survivor Support Team
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 01:00:40 PM »
We agree and we're working on more messaging when the challenge is about to end and/or finished. Thanks for the feedback, survivors!

EvenOdds

• Hopeless
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 04:24:49 PM »
Is this a temp trial like the last one? Or will it be ongoing at this point pending improvements/upgrades? I took a break post event, catching up!

MDI_Cassentra

• Massive Damage
  • Legend
  • Survivor Support Team
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 04:43:23 PM »
EvenOdds, we do expect to have some improvements, bug squashing, and tweaks so there may be minor changes during the beta. But challenges are here to stay!

Angelshark

• Player Moderators
  • Sentinel
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 01:22:08 PM »
Love the announcements

LizzyOnePSC

• Hopeless
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2015, 05:19:05 PM »
The announcements are great, thank you! 

I have a question about  the tokens used when issuing a challenge. If the challenge is declined or not accepted, are those credits lost?

I'm hoping they're not lost... Or if so, that the challenge remains available for a few hours.

Thank you for adding this exciting game feature!

MDI_Cassentra

• Massive Damage
  • Legend
  • Survivor Support Team
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2015, 06:26:05 PM »
Thanks for the feedback, survivors! We've made note to review the way that Challenge Tokens work as well.