Author Topic: Important news for Android players: removing Mobage from PSC  (Read 1304 times)

MDI_Cassentra

• Massive Damage
  • Legend
  • Survivor Support Team
Hello survivors!

As we mentioned, in our original post in the News, Announcements and Updates section, starting in August, Massive Damage will no longer be affliated with Mobage. While this was partly the reason for the Shadow Wars changes earlier this summer, it also means that the Android version of Please Stay Calm will be published and released by us! Yay!

We have full details outlined in our original post and we encourage you all to read it. It discusses this change in depth, explaining what you'll need to do to transition your account to the new version of PSC. Also, be sure to tell your safehouse mates and PSC friends about this change! No survivor should be left behind.

We've cross posted here to create a discussion thread: if you have any questions or concerns, let us know, survivors.

MDI_Cassentra

• Massive Damage
  • Legend
  • Survivor Support Team
Re: Important news for Android players: removing Mobage from PSC
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 03:47:24 PM »
UPDATE: Thanks for your patience, survivors. We have good news.

The new MDI version of PSC is available NOW! TAP HERE to download the new version from the Play Store!

Android survivors: Remember to secure your account in the +MORE menu under Account Settings so you can carry your character into the new app! Everyone Else: be sure to tell your friends and safehouse mates about the new android version! Happy hunting, everyone.  8)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 03:52:39 PM by MDI_Cassentra »

bethe

• Hopeless
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 10:36:02 AM »
Installed the newest Android update and there seems to be improvements on loading issues and smoother game play.  One suggestion I noticed right away (that was enabled in the Mobage version) is when using the chat function, we are unable to use auto correct.  I  tested on two keyboards - Swiftkey and Google.  Can this be fixed?  Also, is there any chance we can see and display emoji in the near future? 

MDI_Cassentra

• Massive Damage
  • Legend
  • Survivor Support Team
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 11:30:18 AM »
Thanks for the feedback, Bethe.

We've shared your suggestion about Auto Correct and we can look at re-implementing that in a future release. As for emoji, it's a bit more challenging because of some restrictions with Unity, but we'll see what's possible. :)

cheatninja

• Mercenary
  • [reality challenged]
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2015, 01:41:14 PM »
as i attempted to download the new update i consistantly get 505 error making it impossible to download. why?
-minimod

MDI_Cassentra

• Massive Damage
  • Legend
  • Survivor Support Team
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 10:28:50 AM »
Another survivors encountered the same problem, cheatninja. We recommend deleting and reinstalling the app as a first step. The devs are looking into this one as well. Stay tuned!

Ebucel

• Hopeless
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2015, 11:47:00 AM »
I can confirm that deleting/uninstalling the mobage version of psc and then installing the new non-mobage version i did not get the 505 error i was getting before.

MDI_Cassentra

• Massive Damage
  • Legend
  • Survivor Support Team
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2015, 01:55:52 PM »
Ebucel, thanks for the tip! We'll share that with the other survivors.

bethe

• Hopeless
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2015, 12:39:48 PM »
Currently using a Galaxy S4 phone and I have noticed alot of areas under the 'More' section including:  encylozedia, dailies, archive, crafting, leaderboards, weapon mods, challenges...etc display a small box that is about 2"x1".  It used to display on the entire screen.  Is there a fix or an update in the near future for this?

MDI_Cassentra

• Massive Damage
  • Legend
  • Survivor Support Team
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2015, 05:25:19 PM »
That sounds like a missing image, @bethe. If that is the issue, it can be corrected without an update. We'll have the devs check it out! Thanks for the report.