Author Topic: 4th Anniversary thoughts  (Read 861 times)

Arp

• Beta Testers
  • Mercenary
4th Anniversary thoughts
« on: November 22, 2015, 01:03:57 PM »
Some thoughts on the recent anniversary event...
I liked the length of time for this event. Plenty of time to get enough kills in to get all the drops and craft the titles, even for those of us who cannot put in much more than an hour per day on a game. Also, the drop rates seemed really good for crafting items. The title graphics were also a nice change from the norm.
However, the overall tone of the event was low-key to the point of feeling almost like an after thought. It lacked the excitement I would have expected from a celebration for an app that has done so well for so long.
Getting the chance to upgrade the first dev weapons was an excellent idea; I've long wanted that to happen. Ten dollars for the bettered weapons was a great deal for newer players, but a slap in the face for the long-term players who supported you the first time these weapons came out. Depending on how you want to look at it, the upgraded weapon cost us either (1) $20, or (2) $10 and an existing weapon. Either way, the veteran players paid more for the weapons.
MDI missed out on the chance to reward long-term players by allowing them to upgrade those weapons using old inventory item, like the Valentine's gifts. Every item would be worth a certain number of points. The older the item, the greater its value. Accumulate enough points and upgrade a weapon by trading in those items. It would have rewarded our dedication to the game while also ridding inventories of items that have no game value.
I hope PSC sticks around for another year, and I look forward to a spectacular 5th anniversary.

Itcus

• Beta Testers
  • Hero
Re: 4th Anniversary thoughts
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 07:47:10 AM »
Agree 100% with the weapon upgrading cost.
That's why I didn't do it.

MDI_Cassentra

• Massive Damage
  • Legend
  • Survivor Support Team
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 10:41:14 AM »
Thanks for the feedback, as always, survivors. We'll share your thoughts with the team. :)

Niko Bacon

• Mercenary
  • Don't eat the Bakon
    • BaconPress
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 12:40:28 PM »
I thought it was cool and I liked the dev weapons; I had previously missed their original sale, and I do understand the disappointment of those who had bought it.
Did I ever order the blue paint?

Severus35

• Weapon Mods Beta Testers
  • Sentinel
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 03:39:59 AM »
I'm completely sharing Arp's feelings :

I really like 2 weeks events as it gives more time to plan game sessions.

But! (there's always a 'but') Yes, the titles are kinda cool.
They're also completely recycled from previous titles (shield + founder), same for all 'event' zombies, same for all premium weapons, same for all bonus days. See a pattern here? At least give your old zombies a party-time look..  8)

I was expecting at least a slightly different template for 20$ premium weapons :  a glow? a different colour?

Another thing : it's your anniversary. You guys made this game. Get out of Halcyon6 for a bit, show up to your party and have fun with us, your community. (If you did show up, i apologize.)

Sorry if i may sound bitter here but this 'anniversary event' was not the fireworks i was expecting.  :-\

Kierst72

• Mercenary
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 01:39:54 PM »
Halcyon6?  What's Halcyon?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kierst72