Author Topic: Starting Text and Quiting the game  (Read 1080 times)

Drink15

• Halcyon 6 Backer
  • Hopeless
Starting Text and Quiting the game
« on: April 09, 2016, 07:35:27 AM »
The starting text moves too fast. I downloaded the game left at night and was hoping to play a but before I when to sleep. I notice that the message when by before my sleepy eye could read them. I bring this up because this may also be too fast for people that have slower reading speeds. I also notice each block on text seem to have different read times. Some changed faster then other and for independent of the amount of words.

Also, I could find a way to quit the game. I only made it just past the very first fight, but when I want to quit I have to tab out and force close the game.

Maybe I'm crazy.

Kondinator

• Halcyon 6 Backer
  • Hopeless
Re: Starting Text and Quiting the game
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 07:52:09 AM »
I agree, much of the text skips to the next scene way before i can manage to read it, im not a slow reader or anything but sometimes its just nice to read something in your own pace, maybe having more text screens with the "click to continue" would be nice

banded1

• Halcyon 6 Backer
  • Sentinel
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 08:05:48 AM »
I'm not sure if it's possible to quit during the tutorial. But once you finish all the tutorial stuff use ecsape then return to title screen and quit. I'm not sure if you guys have access yet but the backer forums have suggestion threads about this topic. It's been an ongoing suggestion :P

Darks_End

• Halcyon 6 Backer
  • Mercenary
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 12:56:05 PM »
http://forums.pleasestaycalm.com/index.php?topic=14852.0 

Text and dialogue timing: We've heard the auto advanced text is too speedy and in some places scrolling isn't performing admirably. We're on it.

We are all in agreement on this

MDI_Cassentra

• Massive Damage
  • Legend
  • Survivor Support Team
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 06:52:12 PM »
Yep, we definitely hear you on the text speeds. Watch for changes with the next update. ;)