Author Topic: Three Science Ships to Start  (Read 789 times)

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
  • I think, therefore I'm slow.
    • Guide to Beating the Chimera
Three Science Ships to Start
« on: April 18, 2016, 09:10:26 AM »
Has anyone tried this yet? I'm guessing this is "impossible" difficulty, but I'd like to know whether I have a shot of being the first to do it. (Eeny-weeny chance even then ::), but still...)
Celebrate with me! I finally hit Sentinel!

MDI_Cassentra

• Massive Damage
  • Legend
  • Survivor Support Team
Re: Three Science Ships to Start
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 10:47:09 AM »
Boldly going where no science officers have gone before...

banded1

• Halcyon 6 Backer
  • Sentinel
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 07:22:35 PM »
*starts new game*

but really i think that would be a terrible idea. i guess using both types might work better than just style A or B. but still...

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 09:48:46 AM »
Has anyone even kept Lucas Beaumont alive without picking Engineering second? ??? Twice I've lost my Acolyte due to no Knight. First with a tactical to start, in which I survived until the Admirax, and continued on to win without that science officer. Second with Lucas Beaumont and a tactical, where he died fighting the first three ship Chruul fleet spawned. :P (Why didn't he level up on the pirates? The tutorial is almost worthless without that effect. Not quite that bad, but still...) Acolytes are just too weak. Low damage + easily only one available attack... The Chruul really ought to recognize that you lost your starting fleet, or at least warn you that it is virtually impossible to win when that happens.

banded1

• Halcyon 6 Backer
  • Sentinel
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2016, 10:38:49 AM »
i usually start tac + sci. i rarely lose my starting officers. might be down to bad luck or youre taking on the chruul too quickly. fight some pirate fleets before jumping into a fight with the chruul.

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2016, 05:24:22 PM »
i usually start tac + sci. i rarely lose my starting officers. might be down to bad luck or youre taking on the chruul too quickly. fight some pirate fleets before jumping into a fight with the chruul.
Well, 2 tac + 1 sci was working pretty well that first time. And I had absolutely no XP against the Chruul. Next time, I will get my third officer sooner.

banded1

• Halcyon 6 Backer
  • Sentinel
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2016, 06:39:09 PM »
i used to run 2 tac 1 sci when the tac AoE attack was broken and wouldnt remove the sensors offline debugff :P

lod

• Halcyon 6 Backer
  • Mercenary
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2016, 12:58:17 PM »
I tend to run fleets of all 3 types. When I do that, I don't lose officers, as long as you maximize combos and assure you have plenty of healing powers.

AlCheddah

• Hopeless
  • The First Cheese In Space!!
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2016, 08:16:42 PM »
I lost my Science Officer on the Second Ep of my LetsPlay. Sadder thing is I named him after me. Crazy!
I'm a small YouTube Gamer that fell in love with this masterpiece and can't get enough! Currently running a LetsPlay of it right now! Stop by sometime if you'd like to chat! https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeARfAnSx