Author Topic: Inquiry about Menu and Saves  (Read 5826 times)

Vivilyn

• Hopeless
  • Lol noob here
Inquiry about Menu and Saves
« on: April 23, 2016, 04:01:44 AM »
Hey all! First of all I'm new here and this is my first post soooo sorry if I'm breaching any forum etiquette here.

So, like many players, I went into combat and ended up biting off a bit more than I could chew! I know that there is currently a retreat command in the works, but in the meantime, it seems save-scumming is my only option (or I could face the consequences of losing my only two ships. but. . .)

Still, in order to load a game from combat, it seems I have to close the game entirely and load a game from the main menu. Is it possible to load a game from the in-game options menu (without quiting to the main menu?), and also, is it possible to access the in-game menu from battle, so that players could access options, load saves, and quit the game from an in-game interface?

Also, a lot of my obsessively paranoid saving is starting to pile up. Are there plans to name save files beyond a time stamp? (ex: before going into battle with the Admirax maybe a save named "Pirate Boss" followed by the time stamp?)

EDIT: Also, on the topic of organizing saves: It'd be handy if there was a system to organize saves belonging to multiple simultaneously running games. Like, if a player starts two different games (A and B) and wanted to work on game B after encountering a roadblock in game A, the player would be able to tell the difference between saves correlating to game A and those from game B.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 05:39:13 AM by Vivilyn »

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
  • I think, therefore I'm slow.
    • Guide to Beating the Chimera
Re: Inquiry about Menu and Saves
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 08:46:14 AM »
First Paragraph: If you're breaching forum etiquette, I don't know the forum etiquette.

Second Paragraph: This appears to be correct.

Third Paragraph: Possible: probably. Implemented: not that I've seen.

Fourth and Fifth Paragraph: I second the request for this. Renaming save files would be useful. Even if the file identifies itself by your first officer...
Celebrate with me! I finally hit Sentinel!

banded1

• Halcyon 6 Backer
  • Sentinel
Re: Inquiry about Menu and Saves
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 12:20:37 PM »
renaming saves has been brought up a few times. im pretty sure thats going to be an option