Author Topic: What causes the Chruul spires to spawn?  (Read 1221 times)

Dsaber

• Hopeless
What causes the Chruul spires to spawn?
« on: April 25, 2016, 11:27:17 PM »
I had a bunch of tier 1s when the Chruul spires spawned and even after I reloaded an earlier save to get Tier 2's, I'm struggling mightily. 

What causes the spires to spawn?  All my time is spent just hunting down the three chruul invasion fleets.

banded1

• Halcyon 6 Backer
  • Sentinel
Re: What causes the Chruul spires to spawn?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 09:06:50 AM »
Advancing the new Terra story brings them around. Don't go to new Terra if you dont want them to spawn. I know there was a bug where spires would spawn earlier but I think it's been fixed

Dsaber

• Hopeless
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 10:36:53 AM »
Oh,

I had a spire spawn without me going to New Terra.  I want to say it spawned at day 100?  Is this a bug?

When I killed the guard fleet, I couldn't do anything to the Spire because I didn't have the right technology.

banded1

• Halcyon 6 Backer
  • Sentinel
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 10:44:54 AM »
Are you playing a legacy save? The chruul aren't supposed to "notice"  you til you visit new Terra and you start seeing the hard groups

Dsaber

• Hopeless
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 12:57:46 PM »
Not sure,

I bought the game on early access on, I think the 4/21?  I played three games, restarting twice because I didn't know what I was doing.

The third game, I rushed to get all the officers and then beat new Terra at about day 97 or so?  A chruul spire spawned.  Then around day 100 another chruul spire spawned, so I had 6 chruul invasion fleets against my tier 1 fleets.  I promptly quit out of frustration, lol.

I read on this forum that rushing the officers is a bad idea, so I reloaded a mission from day 65 and have been playing from there.  I haven't gone to New Terra yet but a Chruul spire spawned at around day 100.

I could have the days off by 100 (so day 197/200 rather than 97/100), I'm currently at work and can't remember.

So... maybe this is a legacy save?

banded1

• Halcyon 6 Backer
  • Sentinel
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 02:51:01 PM »
You'd know if it was a legacy save by checking the save file. Of it says legacy before the date. It's a legacy save. But since your from early access I don't think you would have one. Hm. I'd understand if you went to day 200and the game started pushing that stuff on you. But day 100 seems quick if you haven't progressed the story to that point. I'd let the Dev's field it from here. Sounds like it not working as intended though

MDI_Cassentra

• Massive Damage
  • Legend
  • Survivor Support Team
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 10:55:31 AM »
Hi Dsaber, have you seen this again in v0.1.0.2? Hopefully not. :) Let us know!

Dsaber

• Hopeless
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 01:23:41 AM »
Hello!

I restarted a game after the patch came out and I am happy to report that I did not run into this issue again.  Keep up the good work!

MDI_Cassentra

• Massive Damage
  • Legend
  • Survivor Support Team
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 10:01:29 AM »
Glad to hear it. Have fun out there!

lod

• Halcyon 6 Backer
  • Mercenary
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2016, 07:46:25 AM »
Since the latest round of patches, the Chruul spires seem to be properly waiting until much later in the game. If you manage to keep the portals contained, the spires should not overwhelm you until you have researched the technologies to attack them. So the current patches do let you go a little bit more at your own pace, and are more forgiving of early game mistakes.

MDI_Cassentra

• Massive Damage
  • Legend
  • Survivor Support Team
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 11:08:56 AM »
Lovely! That's how it's intended, lod. But, if you never engage the chruul they won't just wait about forever: at some point, they're bringing the battle to your doorstep. Plan accordingly.  ;D