Author Topic: How do you start your game?  (Read 944 times)

Dsaber

• Hopeless
How do you start your game?
« on: April 26, 2016, 08:19:09 PM »
So I've decided to retry the game again in order to be more efficient, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips for how to proceed?

-When I first start, I have my captain go visit as many fuel depots as possible and I have my officer clear out some rooms.  I research the fuel building and I start construction of a 2nd ship.
-When my officer clears out his/her first room, I build a reactor.  Then I have the officer clear out some more rooms and I basically do this until the Chruul send out an invasion force.
-I go and fight this invasion force with my two ships and hopefully they both survive (my last playthrough, I had to fight 3 chruul and I got smoked).  After this, if I have a lot of fuel (40+) I go and kill myself some Pirates.  I try to build an Officers' lounge as soon as I can, fighting off the Chruul invaders, then I build a 3rd ship.
-I haven't quite figured out what to do next: my last two playthrough's I rushed another officer so that I could have 4 ships but this backfired pretty hard.  I also tried to research all the other tier 1 ships, but that didn't help me much.

My next playthrough, I'm probably going to shoot for Tier 2's as soon as I can, then when I have at least an Engineering Tier 2, go and hit new Terra.  Has anyone been able to explore the other races at all?  I feel like I'm always worried about the Chruul that I can't send an exploratory force to my neighbors.

**Update**
Okay wow.  So I decided to go through the tutorial in the beginning and it gives a massive boost compared to if you skip the tutorial.  Looks like I'll be doing the tutorial from now on...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 12:14:14 AM by Dsaber »

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
  • I think, therefore I'm slow.
    • Guide to Beating the Chimera
Re: How do you start your game?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 03:38:47 PM »
Have you gotten any Science epic powers? I'm considering whether it is actually worthwhile to start with a science officer. I'm willing to try to find it myself if it is useful, but I'd rather not put in the effort if it is junk.
Celebrate with me! I finally hit Sentinel!

lod

• Halcyon 6 Backer
  • Mercenary
Re: How do you start your game?
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 07:33:03 PM »
As of the latest update the alien races will provide resources based on how friendly they are to you. Each race provides a specific resource. You increase their friendliness by completing race specific quests. I have yet to actually ally with one, but when that happens, I believe they are expected to start sending out expeditions to fight the Chruul just as the pirate ally does.