Author Topic: Quality of Space Life Requests: a running list.  (Read 2450 times)

MDI_Cassentra

• Massive Damage
  • Legend
  • Survivor Support Team
Quality of Space Life Requests: a running list.
« on: April 26, 2016, 10:00:02 PM »
Cross posted from Steam Forums. Check out this post for info on how we're planning to update Halcyon 6 during Early Access.

Thanks so much for support and your thoughtful posts about the game! Your feedback during Early Access helps us make Halcyon 6  better. With an Early Access game, there are always some missing bits and bobs: the game is still evolving! Here's the current list of those 'quality of space life' type fixes we we're either actively working on or we have on 'The Big Dev List'.

1. Dude, can I please retreat from battle? DONE!

2. I'd love to have different views/controls for the starbase zoom!
- In v0.2.0.0, we've added some additional zooms and controls. And we're not finished yet! Keep us posted on your thoughts.

3. I love the music and sound effects, but...
- We love our music too and we're not quite doing it justice yet. Especially that one that sounds kind of crackly and distorted. And that bug where sometimes two tracks can loop on top of each other.  >:( With each update since Alpha, we've been focused on this and it's still a work in progress. Bear with us a bit longer...

4a. Can I have a turn order indicator thingie in combat?
4b. Can I have more information about officer powers and synergies when my dudes level up?

- DONE! We started in 0.2.0.0 and we're pretty happy with where we've landed in 0.2.1.0. Let us know what you think!

5. I play on two monitors and Halcyon 6 disagrees with my setup.
- We're looking into this one. In the interim, there's a great post with a bunch of ideas and workarounds here.

6. Where can I see my daily resource production?
- Currently, sector indicators will tell you when they're at max and ready for collection. We're checking out options for more details.

7. Can I rename my officers and stuff? DONE!

8. Why must affinity bonuses stop time while I'm traveling? DONE! (keep us posted on your thoughts)

9. How can I rename my save files? ADDED!

10. Ruined colonies are super sad. Can I resettle/restore them?
- Might be one of the interesting things that can happen in Act 2... ;)

11. The clicking... Can I get some hotkeys or set up key bindings? DONE, for now!
- Currently, there's some minimal keyboard controls (there's even a list here!). We're hoping to get a couple more features locked down before we tackle this, but if you a one or two functions that are reaaaaally stressing you out, let us know! 

12. My allies are evading my self-buffs. Ungrateful jerks!
This has been a pesky one. It's wrapped up in evading vs missing and we've been battling with the finer points on this one since the Alpha. It's performing much closer to intended now (I know some Alpha players have self heal horror stories) and we're still working on this one!

Thanks for all the feedback and support, folks! Keep it coming. :)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 09:38:37 AM by MDI_Cassentra »

Darks_End

• Halcyon 6 Backer
  • Mercenary
Re: Quality of Space Life Requests: a running list.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 05:44:27 AM »

2. I'd love to have different views/controls for the starbase zoom!
- We've had consistent requests about this one, with differing opinions on how we should solve it. Suffice it to say we agree, and we're working on it.

With stuff like this maybe throw up some polls with the ideas you are throwing around?

11. The clicking... Can I get some hotkeys or set up key bindings?
- Currently, there's some minimal keyboard controls (the usual wasd, arrows, space bar kinda stuff). We're hoping to get a couple more features locked down before we tackle this, but if you a one or two functions that are reaaaaally stressing you out, let us know! 

Maybe just explain this a bit more in-game.  I HAD NO IDEA you could use the keypad and the numpad, since then I touch the mouse for the starmap and nothing else.  Maybe just alter the text in the tutorial slides to say "or use "A" "D" "(left arrow)" "(right arrow)" to move the cursor" would help this one immensely.

MDI_Cassentra

• Massive Damage
  • Legend
  • Survivor Support Team
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 11:43:25 AM »
Hey Darks_End,

For (2), yep! Once we have some more solidified concepts, we might just do that! And for (11), it's in the works. I might make made a 'Hidden Hotkeys' sticky post in the interim. :)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 12:29:23 PM by MDI_Cassentra »

Defenestar

• Hopeless
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 09:57:48 PM »
Requesting:

Ability to zoom out further on space station and on starmap.

Retention of experienced crew when scrapping old ships.

Indicators on ship models as to which other ship series they might pair well with. Like recommendations on a wine list, but for space combat.

Equipment upgrades for ground combat. I'm sure the NTF can come up with uniforms that resist acid better, or upgraded laser knife power cells.

Option to replace older versions of a given space station room with more advanced ones. Turn that old Tier 1 ship facility in to a shiny new Tier 3, or shut down the planktonium reactor so you can swap those old cores out for the new oysterium accelerators.

Improved ability to select thingies that are on top of each-other on the star map.

Also I really like this game.

Defenestar

• Hopeless
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 01:26:59 AM »
Could we get an indicator of which upgrades a colony has when we select it, rather than having to go in to the view thingy? I keep forgetting which systems have been fully upgraded and which have not.

Defenestar

• Hopeless
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 07:30:18 PM »
An interface refinement request for combat: Could you have the information panels for one's combat powers appear in a consistent place that does not obscure other ship power buttons?

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
  • I think, therefore I'm slow.
    • Guide to Beating the Chimera
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 07:46:50 PM »
I support both of the two posts above. The recent change in the planet view screen is a nice touch, but it doesn't really address anything.
Celebrate with me! I finally hit Sentinel!

MDI_Cassentra

• Massive Damage
  • Legend
  • Survivor Support Team
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2017, 12:11:50 PM »
You'll see changes to the anchored tooltips in the next release!