Author Topic: How did the Chruul Spire invasion go for you?  (Read 7301 times)

Realityfelon

• Halcyon 6 Backer
  • Hopeless
How did the Chruul Spire invasion go for you?
« on: June 12, 2016, 05:47:11 PM »
I ask because it was unmitigated disaster for me T_T

Took my three best officers in, all level 6-7, and didn't even manage to kill one of the Chruul monsters before they wiped me out. How'd you do? Did you have a specific ground based officer group for that mission? What tactics did you use?

I'm curious, because I clearly have a lot to learn in this regard :p

lod

• Halcyon 6 Backer
  • Mercenary
Re: How did the Chruul Spire invasion go for you?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 06:20:49 PM »
The difficulty has been ramped way up. I took 3 level 10 officers in, and was unable to win. It is not quite balanced yet.

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
  • I think, therefore I'm slow.
    • Guide to Beating the Chimera
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 08:44:09 PM »
I entered stasis, so I'm probably better off than most. I saved and quit when the Spire showed up. (A portal opened at the same time, so I'm waiting for the prognosis on Zulf Maddox's memory before I return and wait for the Chruul Lab constructors to finish.) In the meantime, I started another playthrough, and it's been going quite well so far. I haven't had any 8HP-from-losing-to-leechers scenarios this time (yet).
Celebrate with me! I finally hit Sentinel!

AlCheddah

• Hopeless
  • The First Cheese In Space!!
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 11:58:07 PM »
To the folks who failed. Have any of you tried using the Chruul BioLab Tech? THat will make your crew able to survive in the Chruul Spire environment. I used it and had no problems!
I'm a small YouTube Gamer that fell in love with this masterpiece and can't get enough! Currently running a LetsPlay of it right now! Stop by sometime if you'd like to chat! https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeARfAnSx

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 10:22:18 AM »
Is it possible to get in without that Biolab tech? I thought it was a requirement. I've barely had trouble with the space guards, but I have now fought about four batches of ground gaurds. I beat the first one because my science officer stayed at Critical Condition for quite some time. Then I lost her on the second spire. Then I lost my tactical when I reverted. Then I finally won without losing anyone vital. I'm seriously rethinking my choice to wait until around day 300 to attack New Terra. ::)

AlCheddah

• Hopeless
  • The First Cheese In Space!!
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 11:57:26 PM »
Is it possible to get in without that Biolab tech? I thought it was a requirement. I've barely had trouble with the space guards, but I have now fought about four batches of ground gaurds. I beat the first one because my science officer stayed at Critical Condition for quite some time. Then I lost her on the second spire. Then I lost my tactical when I reverted. Then I finally won without losing anyone vital. I'm seriously rethinking my choice to wait until around day 300 to attack New Terra. ::)

You'll need the Tech to survive and make the fight much easier. Trust me. Also you might want to wait until your fleet is at least at level 7-8 to fight the New Terra event. It's just the serious!
I'm a small YouTube Gamer that fell in love with this masterpiece and can't get enough! Currently running a LetsPlay of it right now! Stop by sometime if you'd like to chat! https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeARfAnSx

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2016, 11:02:51 AM »
You'll need the Tech to survive and make the fight much easier. Trust me. Also you might want to wait until your fleet is at least at level 7-8 to fight the New Terra event. It's just the serious!
If my experience is the "much easier," I don't stand a chance without the tech. I already did wait until close to day 300 to take on New Terra, by which point I had at least two Tier 3 ships, if not all three.