Author Topic: Favorite Exploit Synergies  (Read 3584 times)

AlCheddah

• Hopeless
  • The First Cheese In Space!!
Favorite Exploit Synergies
« on: June 24, 2016, 12:02:14 AM »
My main Go-tos are:

Upload Virus + Harass
Fire at Will + Shock Mine
Deconstruct + Portal Cannon

Which ones work best for you?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 12:29:01 AM by AlCheddah »
I'm a small YouTube Gamer that fell in love with this masterpiece and can't get enough! Currently running a LetsPlay of it right now! Stop by sometime if you'd like to chat! https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeARfAnSx

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
  • I think, therefore I'm slow.
    • Guide to Beating the Chimera
Re: Favorite Exploit Synergies
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 10:28:32 AM »
I like Shield Disruptor + Triple Shot,
Acid Bombs + Disruptor Beam (in that order for max damage),
and Dimensional Flashbang/Rogue's Engines Down inflicter + Flak Barrage.
Missile Swarm + Spin Maneuver would be cool, but I don't have Spin Maneuver on my level 9 officer.
Celebrate with me! I finally hit Sentinel!

Defenestar

• Hopeless
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 08:16:21 AM »
As the game stands at the moment, there's a fair few conditions that I prefer not to exploit. Sensors down seems more useful to me in play than exploited, and hull breaches are already helping me deal with the enemy. Likewise engines down and weapons disrupted. I even like leaving vulnerable intact until one shot of Bullseye will finish the job, just because it boosts the other incoming damage on the target.

I quite like showering the enemy fleet with debuffs and DoTs, really.

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 08:39:00 PM »
As the game stands at the moment, there's a fair few conditions that I prefer not to exploit. Sensors down seems more useful to me in play than exploited, and hull breaches are already helping me deal with the enemy. Likewise engines down and weapons disrupted. I even like leaving vulnerable intact until one shot of Bullseye will finish the job, just because it boosts the other incoming damage on the target.

I quite like showering the enemy fleet with debuffs and DoTs, really.
The art and science of it all lies in exploiting them at the last possible minute.

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 09:18:04 PM »
This isn't an exploit synergy, but it is a powerful combo I've been using. It requires one tactical (preferably a marksman line) and two science ships.

First round: Bend Spacetime III + Targeting Support + Bend Spacetime II (in whatever order the turns come up)
Weapons Supercharge III + AoE tactical attacks.

If you can get Shield Disruptor or Disable Countermeasures in before using Triple Shot, so much the better. (This currently requires modifying files, but it should be possible after the officer rework update.) A more reasonable modification is to use Into The Fray III instead of Targeting Support. If you have the Tier 5 Hanger, you can use one of the Bend Spacetimes on a science ship and then use Upload Virus + Pulse Mesh.

The speed boosts also work in ground combat. Use Battle Stims II and III to boost speed tremendously. If you want both combos to be available at the same time, you'll need Carl Beckette and Katrina Saarinen.

Before anyone tries to nerf these, let me elaborate on the down sides. The space combo can be destroyed by Hulkers and any other buff-wiping ships. It can also be eliminated by disabling the tactical without any available methods of restoring it. It also breaks down when one of the officers is doing a task on the planet below. (I know because I had to fight T4 Xlar ships with T3 ships while Corbain Lau was repairing something.) Also, any further nerf of Bend Spacetime or Weapons Supercharge will make them virtually useless by themselves. The disadvantage of Battle Stims is that using two makes it highly likely that 1 or 2 of your officers will be afflicted.