Author Topic: Communication  (Read 790 times)

BALLSBALLS

• Hopeless
Communication
« on: August 03, 2016, 09:31:15 PM »
Well apparently all whisper/chat/GC/anything privileges have been removed from my main and alternate accounts, for reasons MDI won't properly explain or prove.

As you all know, I rarely chat anymore with any handle. I apparently dodged a censor three weeks ago with one account (they won't divulge which one). Since I've been trying to communicate the last few days regarding a bio that was removed and privileges revoked without warning or request to remove it, MDI has been picking reasons out of a hat to remove all privileges from every account I have. My alternates have rarely been in GC and aren't really played much at all. I cannot chat with any account in GC, I cannot whisper anyone, I cannot ask for heals or have any other benefit that others have. I feel MDI is trying to force me out of the game by disallowing communication of any kind with anyone who isn't in a SH I'm in.

Avatars have been removed from all accounts now without warning or reason. I've never been told any are inappropriate. MDI now refuses to discuss anything with me and have ignored my last messages.

So, as this is likely to turn into a legal battle, if anyone would like to continue to communicate (because MDI doesn't allow me to do so anywhere anymore) and know how things go, my PAL ID is 17960897 and my email address is didithurtyou@shaw.ca

I'm certain they will remove this soon, as they dislike people speaking out against them. But removal of all privileges from all my accounts for things that supposedly happened weeks ago with no timely feedback or warning is pretty darn ridiculous if you ask me.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 05:44:39 AM by BALLSBALLS »

BALLSBALLS

• Hopeless
Re: Communication
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 10:53:32 PM »
I have screenshots from mod max saying they would warn about avatars, which of course has not been done. And the supposed censor dodging was not brought to my attention when it supposedly happened 3 weeks ago. Apparently these guys don't think anything they do has to be done in a timely fashion, or proven for that matter.

So be careful if you approach MDI privately. They'll likely do the same to you if you try and talk to them.

MDI_Cassentra

• Massive Damage
  • Legend
  • Survivor Support Team
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 11:56:22 AM »
Hi again BALLSBALLS,

MDI doesn't typically discuss our player bans publicly and we won't be changing that practice now. However, we would like to address your statement that "MDI won't properly explain or prove".

In just the past two weeks alone, we've spoken with you at length 4 or 5 times. Also, our support tools show 40+ messages and emails exchanged about this specific matter in the past three years. This is in addition to our responses on your multiple forum posts on this same issue. Suffice it to say that while you may not respect or agree with this decision, the rationale has been made abundantly clear.

We take no joy in revoking privileges from members of our community and actions like this are only used as a last resort when all other options have failed. This decision is final and we respectfully ask that you consider this matter closed.

Also, for any interested parties, these posts outline the conduct guidelines for Global Chat.

BALLSBALLS

• Hopeless
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 02:54:00 PM »
Well Cass, I've tried discussing the matter privately. What you people went and did was uncalled for. As you know, I rarely chat anymore and rarely log on with alts. I tried privately discussing why bio privileges were removed and in doing so, ended up with a total ban. It would be nice to see the trail of communication, I'm not sure why you people keep deleting items so I cannot see them.

You will not properly explain or prove why a complete ban of all accounts was done when I was PRIVATELY communicating. Again, I rarely chat in global as it has become relatively mundane and uninteresting. I meagerly participate in some events, and now can no longer ask for heals etc from anyone. The alts have never caused issues, and I've explained the negative items affecting my personal life from three years ago. Let me remind you, I have no record of anything you people have said as you've deleted all trails and I cannot view or recall in detail what was said.

I recently spent another few dollars on my main account, and have a couple thousand chat tokens which I cannot use. I now have no means of communicating with the few people I've been doing so with for over 4 years. So you've happily taken my money and now disallow me from using credits I've purchased in the manner which they are meant to be used.

I don't see a solid reason to disallow me from taking advantage of the game as all others are able to do. I find it odd that the option to purchase credits is still available, yet I cannot take full advantage of them.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 02:56:55 PM by BALLSBALLS »

BALLSBALLS

• Hopeless
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 06:51:42 AM »
It was also never explained to me that if when I supposedly dodged a censor three weeks ago, why nothing was done then. One "example" provided to me but of course with no physical proof was "kum". Was I talking about Harold & Kumar? It wasn't until this supposed censor dodge was brought up that you people decided to ban me. If I supposedly did this (which people do on a regular basis), WHY did you wait three weeks and not do anything until I was approaching another subject privately?

And I stopped chatting or playing for the most part longer than 3 years ago, which is the time frame you are holding a grudge for. It was November 2012, after the passing of a relative. I haven't done what you say I have, and feel you're simply grasping at straws to try and rid yourself of someone who doesn't take what you say and just accept it.

You gave one person back privileges after a ban, why hold a grudge against me? Is it because I am outspoken and don't accept your abuse of position? If you aren't going to return an appropriate decision, I'd like the dollar value of all credits and items purchased with them refunded to my iTunes account. I'd also like all money spent on the game refunded to me. In the long run, it will be cheaper for you than a discrimination lawsuit.

MDI_Cassentra

• Massive Damage
  • Legend
  • Survivor Support Team
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 10:30:57 AM »
BALLSBALLS, these questions have already been asked and answered mulitple times, by email and then via in-game support message. Asking again in a new format won't change our answers.

We have communicated, BALLSBALLS. We have also offered options and explanations that you have denied. We've provided quotes, times, and dates from our database for each infraction and you've refused them. We even offered to host an avatar for you: a picture that we would 'pre-approve' and you rejected it. We have tried to find a compromise but after years of the same conversation with no sign of understanding or acknowledgment, we need to close this issue permanently.

Our guidelines have been outlined in the forums here, since June 2012. There are written examples of what is considered inappropriate in Global Chat and when action will be taken.

We appreciate that you aren't pleased with this decision, but the decision is final.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 10:32:35 AM by MDI_Cassentra »