Author Topic: Ouestion about the Chimera  (Read 1037 times)

pi3th0n

• Halcyon 6 Backer
  • Hopeless
Ouestion about the Chimera
« on: April 09, 2016, 11:23:42 PM »
So I've played about three games now and each time the Chimera showed up around day 80, destroyed my fleet, and then shortly afterward my starbase.  Is there some way to prevent the Chimera from appearing?  When it does, should I ignore it? (losing a crew or 2 every day isn't too bad).  Or is there some strategy that can take it out without costing me all my ships and officers?

MDI_Grendel

• Federation Fleet Commander
  • Administrator
  • Hero
    • Massive Damage Inc.
Re: Ouestion about the Chimera
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 02:58:50 AM »
Hi pi3th0n,

Thanks for the feedback! Yes, I agree, the Chruul onslaught is a bit too merciless right now. We'll be looking at that for the next patch and will be pulling them back significantly. The Chimera really shouldn't be arriving so early in the game (it's pretty damn tough).

Hope you're enjoying the game so far!
- Grendel [MDI]

lod

• Halcyon 6 Backer
  • Mercenary
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 03:35:19 PM »
You can defeat the Chimera with a fully upgraded tier 2 or tier 3 fleet. It appears after you clear a spire, so delay doing that until you are ready for it. it can be weakened by defeating the support fleets, but those are fairly beefy and require at least a tier 2 fleet. Also, in my play throughs, they were still bugged and didn't get flagged as completed.

flarearmoru

• Hopeless
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 06:26:13 AM »
If it's the thing with the 8000HP and hits your dudes for like 500+ damage then uh... I killed it with rank 2, 2 science and 1 eng ship.

The eng ship had the disable, and all levels on heal.
The science ships had the -30% accuracy & -25% damage barrier, with 1 having rank 2 team heal and 1 having rank 2 speed.

I think if you're using a rank 1 ship, it might get 1 shot if you're unlucky with the rolls. I'm currently running around in my usual rpg party, 2 healers and 1 tank. XD I'm doing SO little damage.