Author Topic: How do you play H6?  (Read 407 times)

Niko Bacon

• Mercenary
  • Don't eat the Bakon
    • BaconPress
How do you play H6?
« on: September 14, 2016, 11:13:54 PM »
We all have our own rituals to playing im sure. I'm a veteran player of other MDI games and for each of those I like to play music with them Classical Music to set the eerie tone of the late Shadow Wars and Rock and Roll for when it comes to the Zombie hordes of please stay calm. I've found the Star Wars soundtrack is a great background for H6. So how do y'all play?
Did I ever order the blue paint?

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
  • I think, therefore I'm slow.
    • Guide to Beating the Chimera
Re: How do you play H6?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 11:40:52 AM »
I like to play while eating my dry cereal on Saturdays. (Dry cereal so that it doesn't get soggy. Saturdays because I don't have impending time limits to the same extent.) I used to play one of two Mario Party games while eating, but now I have something that allows me to forget to eat. I haven't tried swapping out the music, but if/when I do, I'll try the Medieval Engineers soundtrack. (Mostly because that's all I have available, and also because the Gothic vibes will make me stop and think when the track changes to one of the upbeat ones.)
Celebrate with me! I finally hit Sentinel!

Scuttlefish

• Hopeless
  • Amazing Crustacean
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 01:14:24 PM »
9:00 to 11 at night, Ace Attorney soundtrack because it goes with anything.

ComTrav

• Hopeless
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 04:59:16 AM »
I start playing to check something ("oh, what abilities did the other line of science ships have again?"), and then my weekend vanishes.

lod

• Halcyon 6 Backer
  • Mercenary
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 07:32:41 PM »
I usually run 2 fleets, one from each line with a tac, eng, and sci. Then I have a third line of officers + Bucky at the station doing research.