Author Topic: Halcyon 6 dreams  (Read 343 times)

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
  • I think, therefore I'm slow.
    • Guide to Beating the Chimera
Halcyon 6 dreams
« on: September 23, 2016, 06:54:41 PM »
Some of you may have experienced this: what you play gets into your dreams, even when you didn't just play it. Usually it's the scary parts getting into nightmares. In this case, it was the scary part getting into what wasn't a nightmare. Skip the italic text for the short version. ;)

...impending attack starts. Looking at list of players on server, watching as the top turns red and starts corrupting more players. At about 60% of the way down the list, it starts corrupting me. I drag me further down to get more time to prepare, but instantly decide that nobody else is going to do anything. I boldly put me back where me was. Dream feels like it skips ten minutes, I'm still pushing the supply lines of users off the list with my ship. The opposing base appears (a very flimsy plastic structure), and I notice that they are trying to widen the top, supposedly to counter my attacks. I start experimenting to find some add-on for my ship so that I can attack the weak foundation. (At this point I notice that my ship is basically a plow blade skeleton with a handle, and start building some sort of seat for the Tricks Beanie Baby that is supposed to be piloting it.) I then spot a bowl of food on the opposing side (hypothesizing that they plan to poison us with it), slap together a concoction of the food sitting on my side (I think it included some kiwi), and try to append my ship so that it can deliver the concoction to the opposing food bowl to contaminate it. Before that can happen, I look back at my faction, and see that they have very low supplies. They only have enough Materials to build two Materials Multipliers, and their officers are extremely low level. I tell them to find allies with more resources and crew. Somehow the piles of plastic sitting next to the officers get bigger, so they must have been successful. Somewhere in here the dream starts to fade...

Short version: realizing that your faction has almost no resources and no effective back up forces, despite your doing all the work to keep them alive, is almost bad enough to qualify a dream as a nightmare. Also, I have wacky dreams. Anyone else dream about Halcyon 6 in any way?
Celebrate with me! I finally hit Sentinel!

MDI_Cassentra

• Massive Damage
  • Legend
  • Survivor Support Team
Re: Halcyon 6 dreams
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 11:35:57 AM »
I hear the soundtrack everywhere I go. The combat themes play in my head while I shop for groceries which, admittedly, makes shopping feel much more intense.

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
  • I think, therefore I'm slow.
    • Guide to Beating the Chimera
Re: Halcyon 6 dreams
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 02:25:09 PM »
This morning, I started considering playing Halcyon 6 before I was fully awake. I dozed off, dreamed that my laptop was sitting on my bed, and tried to open some tabs. This site finally loaded (all three tabs were slow) and suddenly went through a few stages that I don't remember, with one stage in which there was a black screen with a wall of blinding white text that forced me to restrict my vision to one or two words. It then brought up a starmap with seven officers. I tried to move a fleet, but it drew a wacky line that didn't go where I thought it should. One fleet somehow ended up at the start of that line, with ships shooting at each other across the starmap. Eventually asteroids took out the enemy and me, and the view shifted back to the starbase. Some alien was bombarding the station with ballistic missiles, so I tried to open the fleet menu to see what I had left, but every click started time. The dream then faded out and I could see that I did not have a laptop on my bed. (Dream was slightly longer, but I don't remember how much was in the next dream.)

Conclusion: It's nice to know that despite the bugs, the real game is still predictable. And I think Interstellaria is getting into the dream mix.
Celebrate with me! I finally hit Sentinel!