Author Topic: Nintendo Switch  (Read 415 times)

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
  • I think, therefore I'm slow.
    • Guide to Beating the Chimera
Nintendo Switch
« on: October 23, 2016, 04:58:42 PM »
Who else is excited by the reveal? Since Unity is supporting it, I'm now entertaining the faint hope that Halcyon 6 might eventually make its way on board.
Celebrate with me! I finally hit Sentinel!

raikua

• Player Moderators
  • Hero
  • Alcatraz
Re: Nintendo Switch
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 04:14:46 AM »
I love the idea of being able to switch between console gaming, and mobile gaming. That excites me about nintendo switch.
But there are a few things that I'd like to see before I commit to the console. Like: "How long is battery life in it's mobile form?", "Does game quality drop when it switches?", "Can you switch at any point in the game, or can you only switch at specific points or sections, like save points?"
Etc etc. I just have to see how they follow through with this idea. But it's definitely promising.

That said, I'd love to see MDI get their hands into a game for the console. I know they have experience with both mobile gaming and PC games. I'm not sure how much different it would be programming-wise for the switch, but I feel like they'd pull off something pretty awesome.

I kindof doubt that Halcyon 6 itself would make it to the platform, because I'm pretty sure that means they'd have to rebuild the game from the ground up for it... BUT maybe if there was a sequel Halcyon 7.  :P
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 04:18:27 AM by raikua »

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
  • I think, therefore I'm slow.
    • Guide to Beating the Chimera
Re: Nintendo Switch
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 01:44:35 PM »
Yeah, I'm still waiting for details before I get too attached to the Switch.

Now, if this Halcyon 7 (Halcyon 6: Galaxy Commander?) were to come out for the Switch, we might get the much-desired mulitplayer. Even if they didn't use the opportunity to make in-depth multiplayer, they could still give us 1-vs.-1 battles where each player had their own Joy-Con.
Celebrate with me! I finally hit Sentinel!