Author Topic: Diplomatic options growing?  (Read 304 times)

Defenestar

• Hopeless
Diplomatic options growing?
« on: December 06, 2016, 10:07:57 AM »
SPOILER? Like, I'm not sure how much of this counts, but if you live in dread of those, maybe stop here.

The options for getting control of alien vessels in Halycon 6 are fairly limited. In order to avoid spoiling anything for anyone, I won't elaborate on how or when, but there's a nonzero number of non-NTF vessels that one gets a chance to play around with. As the alien races aren't quite the same kind of crazy as the NTF's engineers, they're rather less flexible and sadly have some difficulty in becoming integrated with NTF fleets. Tragically, there's also no loadout customization available for them either.

So I'm thinking that maybe the NTF needs to consider bulking out their numbers a little faster. Formally adopt some nonhuman citizens, along with some of their race's signature technologies. Perhaps one could invite some Xlar-Persi... forgot how to spell that. The rebels. See how they'd feel about getting the heck out of Xlar-Yanthu Union space and in to NTF turf. Xlar-Yanthu get to keep feeling smug and superior, Xlar rebels get to cut off the next big genocidal civil war before it gets rolling, and NTF gets to compare notes with techies who have six eyes.

Or open up some space for some divergent chunk of the Collective's personality. Or talk down some Korzan who have gone all weird and that the Consensus doesn't want back. Or introduce the Voraash to chocolate-flavoured extruded vat-grown nutrient paste (or maybe just spray cheese?). Or just plain *buy* an entire Yabbaling colony ship complete with crew.

ps: Sorry about the awkward title, I try not to make any forum posts whose titles do not scan to the old TMNT cartoon theme song.

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
  • I think, therefore I'm slow.
    • Guide to Beating the Chimera
Re: Diplomatic options growing?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 08:27:12 PM »
I've always been slightly annoyed that we couldn't help the Xlar rebels. We just get an attack thrown on with no options. So yes, doing more with that is a good idea. (Note: I have yet to play the new DLC to see if it addresses this at all.)
Celebrate with me! I finally hit Sentinel!

Defenestar

• Hopeless
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 05:33:56 AM »
The new DLC appears to be kind of grab-baggy. Not like inconsistent in quality, like the actual things that happen appear to be getting pulled out of a hat. Like aliens keep calling me up and asking me if I could give them a hand with something. I like it.

MDI_Cassentra

• Massive Damage
  • Legend
  • Survivor Support Team
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 02:23:26 PM »
No spoilers, but there is still more to come. We're glad to hear you're enjoying the Diplomatic DLC additions!