Author Topic: Dev Update: December 2016 - PSC State of the Nation  (Read 5183 times)

Obscure Jester

• Hopeless
Re: Dev Update: December 2016 - PSC State of the Nation
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2016, 11:50:22 PM »
 I am both shocked and sad about hearing this. I started five years ago taking couple months off as kind of a hiatus but I always considered please stay calm near and dear to my heart.  It was one of the first times I've ever played on the Apple platform and considered one of the best even on hiatus. It has some of the  Best players and best people that I've ever met in any game. Especially hats off to KSAT.

Obscure Jester

shadowx2121

• Halcyon 6 Backer
  • Hopeless
  • Greenie
Re: Developer Update: December 2016 - PSC State of the Nation
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2016, 12:08:11 AM »
I feel like a good majority of the PSC community has developed a very close relationship with the amazing folks at MDI (some might even think of them as a type of "virtual family") because, of all the changes, that occurred within (and with) the company itself. Like, the departure of one of the very, "popular" developers....Zhunter (and then his surprise "visit" a few years later), or when PSC was "temporarily" transferred to Mobage for a brief period of time, and then it was returned to MDI. I won't lie and say that I'm "not going to miss PSC" but, as I mentioned before....just because our favorite "zombie-slaying" mobile app/virtual game is closing its doors doesn't mean that the, amazing, and highly-talented group of people who made it are closing theirs.

Like a lot of people have already said, "It's been one HELL of a ride". Come on fellow survivors let's send out PSC with a....BANG!!!!

P.S. Cass, ModMax, Tiergan, Teaspoon, (and everyone else at MDI)....I'll see you star-side.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 12:41:31 AM by shadowx2121 »

Bolschit

• Weapon Mods Beta Testers
  • Hopeless
  • You must earn your humanity.
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2016, 08:48:03 AM »
Is this thing on?
Um, hey.  I'm old and a lot of you may not remember me.  From time to time I log in and lurk because I miss you all.  Hearing that I won't be able to do that makes me sad.
I'm more than sad.  I need to know if there is going to be a place where I can find you all again before we die and go to... wherever it is we go.

Wolfgurl78

• Beta Testers
  • Hopeless
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2016, 05:29:26 AM »
I'd like to see Big Momma, gobbler, patriarch, skydiver and the unicorn paladin brought back. Thanks!

Pam33

• Hopeless
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2016, 08:59:26 AM »
I am so sad to hear this news, I have been playing for 3 1/2 almost 4 years now. Everyone has been awesome that I have connected with and I am really going to miss the gang and all the fun times and killing Zombies. Good luck to all and I will miss you guys ❤❤❤❤

raikua

• Player Moderators
  • Hero
  • Alcatraz
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2016, 01:24:46 PM »
I just wanted to say, how appreciative I am for the PSC Community, I feel very blessed for being able to be a part of it for the last 5 years.
The Dev's, my fellow Mods, my fellow house mates, and all my GC folks... Thank you for all making this game and chat a wonderful place. I will truly miss PSC, It's such a noticeable difference compared to other gaming communities.

And also a special thanks to all of you who supported me through my own minor injuries, from my old hand injury, to my recent sinus surgery. It may not have seemed like much, but that means a lot to me. Sl0wh4nd jokes and all. <3

Thank you.

Renee111

• Hopeless
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2016, 06:57:05 PM »
Thank you so much.  Like many others, PSC got me through some tough times.  And, I met the love of my life through this game - Janjan27 and I are happily living together after meeting almost four years ago.  I will miss this game more than I can say.

Crassoids are the only zed I'm missing, I'd love to see those.

Reigns

• Weapon Mods Beta Testers
  • Mercenary
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2016, 02:39:41 PM »
I haven't been able to log in for months - nothing but server errors no matter what I try - but pinkie let me know about the notice.  Just wanted to pop in and wish everyone well.  Happy holidays, and fare thee well PSC. 

Mary-Ellen

• Hopeless
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2016, 09:43:26 AM »
After much thinking and discussion, many players would be more than happy and willing to pay a monthly fee just to keep PSC alive. Other gaming sites rely on monthly Pay-to-playro keep their games going, like WOW (World of Warcraft.) many of your serious and hardcore players would happily pay a monthly fee just to keep PSC going. Hear us out. Don't merely pull the plug on this whole thing.

Dorgath

• Mercenary
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2016, 01:31:50 PM »
I haven't been able to log in for months - nothing but server errors no matter what I try - but pinkie let me know about the notice.  Just wanted to pop in and wish everyone well.  Happy holidays, and fare thee well PSC.

It's not quite too late to try, but I remember reading earlier this year that updating to the newest version of IOS (at the time) caused this kind of problem - what people did was delete and re-install PSC.

Johnnyeponymous

• Hopeless
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2016, 12:49:54 AM »
This hurts, since I'll never be able to master the paranoids!

In other, slightly stranger news, I'm the curator for games at the Computer History Museum. I would love to be able to somehow document the game, either via a donation of code, or art, or interviews, or all of the above. Think we might be able to make that happen?

Dorgath

• Mercenary
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2016, 09:35:27 AM »
Quote from: Johnnyeponymous
This hurts, since I'll never be able to master the paranoids!

Heh, I'm trying right now!  Had about 470 to go when the announcement hit, now have a little over 300...

MDI_Cassentra

• Massive Damage
  • Legend
  • Survivor Support Team
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2016, 07:36:22 PM »
You can do it, @Dorgath!

@Johnnyeponymous, send us an email at support [at] massdmg [dot] com and we can chat. :)

Wolfgurl78

• Beta Testers
  • Hopeless
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2016, 05:40:23 AM »
After much thinking and discussion, many players would be more than happy and willing to pay a monthly fee just to keep PSC alive. Other gaming sites rely on monthly Pay-to-playro keep their games going, like WOW (World of Warcraft.) many of your serious and hardcore players would happily pay a monthly fee just to keep PSC going. Hear us out. Don't merely pull the plug on this whole thing.

This. I would definitely pay a monthly fee to keep things going.

Ezekiel Stone

• Beta Testers
  • Mercenary
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2016, 09:46:28 AM »
I'd pay a monthly subscription.