Author Topic: Save PSC!!! Ideas  (Read 545 times)

Mary-Ellen

• Hopeless
Save PSC!!! Ideas
« on: December 20, 2016, 09:31:47 AM »
After much thinking and discussion, many players would be more than happy and willing to pay a monthly fee just to keep PSC alive. Other gaming sites rely on monthly Pay-to-playro keep their games going, like WOW (World of Warcraft.) many of your serious and hardcore players would happily pay a monthly fee just to keep PSC going. Hear us out. Don't merely pull the plug on this whole thing.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 09:39:51 AM by Mary-Ellen »

Lena201

• Hopeless
Re: Save PSC!!! Ideas
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 11:08:47 AM »
Yes!!! Please let us (the players) of this game help this game stay alive. I'm so sad this is happening. You guys should include each and every one of us in this process!! Is there a petition or something we can do about this to keep this game up and running?

raikua

• Player Moderators
  • Hero
  • Alcatraz
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 04:23:10 PM »
I'd absolutely pay. I realize there is a lot more involved to get that up in place... but if there's anything in my power that I can help with, I'm up for any and all ideas.
And I know... it'll be difficult to pull off... but if there is even a possibility no matter how small, I am all for it.

Wolfgurl78

• Beta Testers
  • Hopeless
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 06:46:59 AM »
I'm all for this too. I'd definitely pay. The closer it gets to the end, the harder it is to accept.

Chat Killer

• Hopeless
    • Pro Sound Solutions
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2016, 11:11:12 PM »
I've been paying to play since I started. I'd have no problem with the idea of a monthly subscription... To continue from where my player is currently at. I don't think I'd be willing to pay a subscription if I also had to start over.
Happiness is like wetting your pants, every one can see it, but only you can feels its warmth.

dmsds365

• Hopeless
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 01:05:37 AM »
I would definitely agree to that. Find new ways, see if another company is willing to buy it, or even some players

Agent D

• Player Moderators
  • Mercenary
  • Thought I got lost in the woods...didn't ya?
    • CSP Wordpress
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 10:25:42 AM »
If I had to brainstorm a solution based on the factors I've heard, I think the best thing would be to stay in touch with MDI and see if interest in a PSC successor can be created, and that we can come back to, perhaps with our character names locked in and some carry over starting kit from our previous accounts should we invest in the idea in Steam Greenlight or Kickstarter fashion.

Mobile technology moves quickly, and PSC is a bit of a legacy application when its age is considered (no offense intended Devs, please understand) that likely retains code and patches for devices and problems that would be able to be non-existent concerns if done over.  It would be faster, cleaner, and cost less server resources as a result -- making it more attractive for them to maintain.

Much of that I am sure they have learned from making PSC itself, and there is simply no way to implement them without a clean slate I would reckon.  I also imagine the creative drive for making outlandish undead has waned over time too, and the staff would need to walk away for a bit before coming back to zombie infested world they've dreamed up to give the new app and 'world' proper justice.

Please don't misunderstand, I'd like to see PSC stick around myself, but directing energy toward a new adventure we can be a part of may be the most fruitful endeavor.  I must admit though the idea of crowdsourcing the app itself has it's own charm -- but I'm certain MDI would prefer to retain their rights to the Please Stay Calm...ya know...just in case? ;)

MDI_Cassentra

• Massive Damage
  • Legend
  • Survivor Support Team
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 07:17:55 PM »
Thanks for your enthusiasm, survivors! We've popped into Global Chat to discuss this with you folks as well. We're not above moving PSC to a monthly subscription service and we even looked at the numbers: revenue needed versus server costs versus active players, to see what we'd need to ask... that ask was big. The monthly subscription would be too high.

In all honesty, it would be shameful to put a 5-year-old app with minimal new content up for a monthly subscription just to cover server costs. And while we believe that each of you would be willing to switch to a monthly subscription to keep PSC alive, many might not be (especially at the dollar figure we'd need to ask) and we'd be back in the same position in two or four months time: not enough revenue to cover server costs.

@Agent D makes a lot of great points in his post. Were we to do it again, we'd make some different choices but all in all we're just happy to have been involved in such a strange and special universe for as along as we have.