Author Topic: I got stuck during the prologue  (Read 263 times)

Defenestar

• Hopeless
I got stuck during the prologue
« on: December 24, 2016, 08:00:08 PM »
Decided to start a new run. Commander difficulty, not Ironman mode. Got to the bit where it was time to send out Isolde in her shiny new ship to explain to a pirate how his poor life choices might be leading him to a suddenly abbreviated career, and alt-tabbed out to see if anything had happened in another window. When I got back in, I was unable to advance time or pull up a menu or otherwise cause anything to happen. Just Isolde's ship, a dotted line leading from it to the station approach, and the pirate fleet and nothing moving. Terribly awkward.

Edit: The alt-tabbing does not appear to be a factor, happened the second time too.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 08:33:17 PM by Defenestar »

MDI_Cassentra

• Massive Damage
  • Legend
  • Survivor Support Team
Re: I got stuck during the prologue
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 06:19:42 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. We've seen this twice and we're working on exposing the root problem. It's a strange bug to be sure. We're on it!

Defenestar

• Hopeless
Re: I got stuck during the prologue
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 01:42:18 AM »
Another getting stuck during the prologue, this time earlier!

The combat tutorial is starting and I'm supposed to click on the highlighted button to use Incisor Beam on some big alien jerk, but there's no buttons to press. The yellow arrow is just pointing out a bir of wispy space cloud stuff, which does not respond to being clicked on. Had to use the task bar to close the game and try again.

Seems to be working on the retry.