Author Topic: I'm F^$#ed, need help.  (Read 4267 times)

TTMegee

• Hopeless
I'm F^$#ed, need help.
« on: January 18, 2017, 07:38:36 PM »
Need help. I have 3 spires, Chrull everywhere at the top of my map, and no hope. What is going on is that my fleet keeps having to retreat when i try to fight a spire, note: this is BEFORE ground (Have survive on Chrull ground upgrade), i'm also on cadet difficulty. My current fleet is 2 Crusaders and a ronin, with the ronin piloted by a lvl 8, same with crusader 1, and the 2nd crusader has a lvl 6, being the legendary engineer goten from new terra. To emphasize how bad this is, I've lost 2 science ships to the same spire. I NEED DESPERATE HELP.   

TTMegee

• Hopeless
Re: I'm F^$#ed, need help.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 09:05:53 PM »
Update, lost ronin to spire and have 1 gaurd left. doing better i suppose. (Thank you cloning chamber)

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
  • I think, therefore I'm slow.
    • Guide to Beating the Chimera
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 04:49:43 PM »
You might try a loadout of healing powers, combined with the minimalist HP tactic. By minimalist HP tactic, I mean healing yourself only when one or more ships is at critical or there is a debuff you want to remove. Those spires are much easier with Tier 3 ships, but they don't seem to be an option at this point.
Celebrate with me! I finally hit Sentinel!

TTMegee

• Hopeless
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 07:21:35 PM »
Hmm... sounds like a good idea but would that mean science ships? Just want to know

TTMegee

• Hopeless
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 07:30:49 PM »
Update 2: Managed to destroy spire with only large damage to ships and officers. It's because the game saved right before the first attack, so i got the ronin back.

TTMegee

• Hopeless
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 07:57:13 PM »
Final update: Destroyed all the spires, the minimal heal tactic worked wonders. Thanks for the tip!

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
  • I think, therefore I'm slow.
    • Guide to Beating the Chimera
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 08:03:04 PM »
Hmm... sounds like a good idea but would that mean science ships? Just want to know
Science ships are good at it (they have decent odds of getting a turn when you need it), but you can also use a boat load of repair drones, especially if some are on overdrive. The healing over time abilities are good for inserting heals without spending extra turns, but the Chruul eventually get attacks that wipe them off. I'm glad you figured out how to make it work.
Celebrate with me! I finally hit Sentinel!