Author Topic: Potential Bug - Story Progress Stopped in Act 3?  (Read 343 times)

Optec

• Hopeless
Potential Bug - Story Progress Stopped in Act 3?
« on: January 21, 2017, 03:36:00 AM »
This is a repost from the steam discussion.

I've been playing for ~26 hours and have defeated several of the large vessels that spawn. For each I had the 'Prepare for the Assault' objective and then a new ship would spawn. I have defeated all of the big ships and have 3 artefacts. The last one I killed was the one from the Steam Store page. Now it seems that no more are spawning. I am at around Day 1250 and now I have no objectives. I hit fast forward for a long time and so far no other objectives have appeared other than random alien attacks.

I assume something else is meant to happen? I like the game but this section seems too go on longer than what was intended. I was expecting a final boss?

Screenshot shows my main screen at the moment.

It may be related to a bugged artefact I had early in the story. The first artefact that was delivered to the starbase didn't seem to register. I never got the option to research it and didn't realise until the second one that they were rooms you could build. Does the quest trigger off the artefact collection?

lod

• Halcyon 6 Backer
  • Mercenary
Re: Potential Bug - Story Progress Stopped in Act 3?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 09:29:21 AM »
Did you go to the bridge and research the artifacts, then build the rooms to contain them on the base?

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
  • I think, therefore I'm slow.
    • Guide to Beating the Chimera
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 07:24:03 PM »
It may be related to a bugged artefact I had early in the story. The first artefact that was delivered to the starbase didn't seem to register. I never got the option to research it and didn't realise until the second one that they were rooms you could build. Does the quest trigger off the artefact collection?
From what I've heard, the stuff is supposed to trigger when you install the fourth artifact (but sometimes it triggers when you collect it). The first artifact being glitched is probably the reason you can't progress.
Celebrate with me! I finally hit Sentinel!

Optec

• Hopeless
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 06:23:10 AM »
Did you go to the bridge and research the artifacts, then build the rooms to contain them on the base?

The research for the first artefact never showed up so I couldn't build the room. I've built the other three.

MDI_Cassentra

• Massive Damage
  • Legend
  • Survivor Support Team
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 12:30:47 PM »
If you can let us know which artifact seems to be glitched and, if you can remember, the steps you took leading up to recovering that artifact, it could be helpful for us. Also, send us over a save or an error report (details below) and we'll take a look!

Here's how you can find those save files:
Windows - C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\LocalLow\MASSDMG\Halcyon6
Mac - /Users/<UserName>/Library/Application Support/MASSDMG/Halcyon6

And you can send them right to us by email: support [at] massdmg [dot] com

You can also generate an error report in game, by doing this:
1. Main Menu -> Options -> Gameplay -> Compile Error Report
2. Email us the error report file generated on the desktop.

Optec

• Hopeless
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 01:02:26 PM »
I have sent support an email with an error report and my main save. Let me know if you need any additional info.

MDI_Cassentra

• Massive Damage
  • Legend
  • Survivor Support Team
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 10:01:49 AM »
We got it! The team's checking this one out.