Author Topic: Zoessong  (Read 710 times)

Pink451

• Hopeless
Zoessong
« on: January 23, 2017, 11:50:23 AM »
Zoessong, a important member of the psc community, passed away yesterday evening.  She was a valued member of the ward , CSP, Alcatraz, and many other safe houses.  She was also a wonderful friend and we were so blessed to know her.  I know psc is ending shortly, but while it's still here, we wanted to create a memory page for her.  Please use this topic to share memories, avis, or anything else relevant to her.  Thank you all.

raikua

• Player Moderators
  • Hero
  • Alcatraz
Re: Zoessong
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 12:07:56 PM »
I love Zoessong. She has a beautiful soul. She used to split a lot of her time between CSP and Alcatraz, and a few others. I know CSP was her home, but she was always an honorary inmate here in Alcatraz. She always just had a lot of love to give everyone, you know? <3 My heart goes out for her, and her family and loved ones. Zoessong will sorely be missed here.

I was there yesterday, when the news of her passing hit GC. And.... there was a tragic beauty in the way everyone in chat came together to honor her. From giving condolences, to well-wishing, to sharing small stories about any time they spent with Zoessong. I love the fact that our community can pull together like that for her. It's almost like a final gift she's brought to us, before the end. <3

And I also managed to find the image she used for one of her avatars. <3

Fizzzzzz

• Hopeless
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 12:12:02 PM »
Zoe was a one in a million person. She was one of the kindest and friendliest people I have ever met. She will always have a place in our hearts and will be missed greatly. Rest well dear friend we love you.

queendahlia13

• Player Moderators
  • Survivor
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 12:18:57 PM »
Zoessong was a very sweet person. I remember her and Lizzie coming to visit Rite Aid back in 2013, that's when I met her. It was the first of a series of successful stay-overs with members of The Ward at Rite Aid. It was a troubled time for RA, but zoessong came anyway, and she made our environment a better place before it died out.

I would later go on to know her as an inmate of Alcatraz, the safehouse I ended up staying with the last few years. While I did not know her very well as a person, I know she was wholly good inside. She enhanced the lives of those around her, and she will always be loved and remembered for it.

Rest in peace, dear.

Michuru

• Beta Testers
  • Hopeless
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 12:31:39 PM »
With PSC ending, I've been going through old screen caps I'd stocked up on--just taking a trip down a zombie-infested Memory Lane. As I scrolled through them, I started to notice Zoe in a lot of them...

One was while I was mastering. I'd gotten my first ever broadcast in GC, and Zoe replied right over it, encouraging me to keep slaughtering stuff. Another time, I had visited CSP, and she was demanding a story from me. Once, she was visiting Alcatraz, and I was being self-deprecating in SHC; she whispered me to tell me that I was incorrect--that I was not some horrible abomination of a person incapable of being loved.

I realized that every time she appeared in my screen caps, she was being an encouragement to me or someone else. That's the sort of person this world just lost: someone who always strove to bring out the best in everyone around her--who always pushed us and uplifted us. We need more people like her.
Alcatraz's Chief Executive Officer of Shenanigans

queendahlia13

• Player Moderators
  • Survivor
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 12:55:16 PM »
For anyone interested, here is a picture of Sandy's face, with the owl emblem.

Last night, after the news was delivered, I remembered that visit to RA she paid us, that I mentioned in my first post. I went looking through my old archived e-mail and managed to find this. It was kind of overwhelming. I decided I can't keep this from the community, so I'm posting it here.

The image is tiny, but it had to be that way in order to capture her face and not any of her friends' faces who are also in the original image.

EDIT: As per Raikua finding an old source image that Sandy once used as an avatar, I have decided to add one more memorial avatar. It is of her anime girl featuring bright colors and a bass guitar.

EDIT: As per my forgetful self, I have included *just* the owl emblem, in case anyone would like to prepare an avatar for themselves. It is 100 pixels in height and may be too small to draw enough focus on some images. If you need the original large version, please contact me through e-mail, whisper, or Pal.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 01:32:30 PM by queendahlia13 »

Niko Bacon

• Mercenary
  • Don't eat the Bakon
    • BaconPress
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 05:29:56 PM »
I did not know Zoessong as personally as i do some players on here. But from my brief time at CSP she was the nicest and kindest person there. My first raid event at CSP (which helped earn the custom title CSP Ranger Elite) would have been impossible without here. it was a fun challenge which pulled in the whole house and we all contributed with hunts and healing. she truly is a wonderful person and i miss her.
Did I ever order the blue paint?

Wichita1

• Beta Testers
  • Hopeless
  • ╭( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 07:22:52 PM »
There are so many things that I want to say about Sandy yet none of them sound good enough. That was the thing about her. She was too kind for this world. I had the absolute honor of calling Sandy my friend in real life. She had fought cancer before and survived. We celebrated every year. She on my survivor day and I on hers. That was kind of Sandy's MO. To celebrate and uplift. She was always generous to friends and strangers alike. She had recently, along with another Psc/RL friend, assisted me in affording a medical treatment I desperately needed. And when I got the money to pay her back she said "give it to someone who needs the help". No matter what she was going through, she always remained positive. She was so strong. If only we had more people like her and not less. The world is a better place to have been graced with her presence, and I a better person.

Sandy: You taught me so much about humility and being grateful. You changed my life. I love you so much. I'll miss you always.

thehurtingman

• Mercenary
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2017, 11:16:03 PM »
Zoessong was selfless. The world in not a better place without, her. You will always be remembered. I'll celebrate your life. Godspeed.
I like butt!

Agent D

• Player Moderators
  • Mercenary
  • Thought I got lost in the woods...didn't ya?
    • CSP Wordpress
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2017, 12:17:33 PM »
I've been a bit at a loss for words the last few days, and I've been reflecting long and hard about what could be said that was worthy of the impact Zoessong had on the PSC community at large.

The level of optimism, friendship, good will, and generally positive energy she provided to so many players speaks for itself in volumes -- and in recent days I've been a quiet witness to the outpouring and testimonies of her friends and fellow players that recall her being an overwhelmingly positive force everywhere she happened to go, in game and out.

And so, what I can offer is --in my estimation-- an understatement to the uplifting spirit she provided to so many...but nevertheless, I still feel it should be offered.

In my memory, I recall at the end of It's a Wonderful Life the line the audience is left to ponder is a quote from Mark Twain that reads, "No man is a failure who has friends."

And so, when I think of Zoe, and in turn the numbers of people she has touched in just PSC that I have had the privilege to hear from these last few days as the community pulls together around her memory...well...if anyone knew how to embody that sentiment and live it out, she clearly had it mastered.

Zoe, best of luck.

Backseat Brenda

• Hopeless
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2017, 10:36:54 PM »
I didn't know Zoe, but from reading what you guys wrote she sounds like an amazing person. I didn't notice but the zombie I was trying to master was first mastered by her. I realized this on the last night before the game shut down. So for the title, and to say I did it, I decided to try to kill over 1K shock jocks in one night. During this ordeal I asked Zoe for a little help, and I did it. 1K shock jocks in 12 hours. First to master-Zoessong. Last and final to master-Backseat Brenda. Thanks for the help Zoe. ✌️