Author Topic: Making Ground Combat more relevant  (Read 223 times)

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
  • I think, therefore I'm slow.
    • Guide to Beating the Chimera
Making Ground Combat more relevant
« on: January 24, 2017, 07:37:16 PM »
So, I was just thinking about how ground powers have more noticeable upgrades than space powers, but everyone* always upgrades the space powers first. (*everyone is a generalization) My reasoning for this is that you use space powers much more frequently, so you get more damage for your skill point. Here's my idea: give us the option to board enemy vessels and fight a ground battle instead of a space battle. This would both make grinding less grindy and make ground combat more useful. It could be tied to the Chruul lab--i.e. give us a research option that lets us board the bosses and take them down like a spire, so we could potentially skip Tier 5 ships. It could be tied to a new ship power--i.e. "Officer Boarding" that would beam available officers onto the designated ship(s). It could be implemented as a transport that you load up to three (or more?) officers onto and then send to fight the enemy.
Celebrate with me! I finally hit Sentinel!

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
  • I think, therefore I'm slow.
    • Guide to Beating the Chimera
Re: Making Ground Combat more relevant
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 09:53:00 PM »
Based on the number of Twitter posts showing alien officer animations, I'm pretty sure that a lot more ground combat is coming. And that those couple of aliens that do join you might have some friends now. The question becomes: how much is that update going to have? And then: when will it come out?
Celebrate with me! I finally hit Sentinel!