Author Topic: New Equipment  (Read 287 times)

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
  • I think, therefore I'm slow.
    • Guide to Beating the Chimera
New Equipment
« on: January 26, 2017, 09:34:13 PM »
I'm liking the system so far. I've been specifically trying to get enemies down to the wire before slamming them, and I must say, this makes Weapons Supercharge more useful. It would be nice if the "overkill" text wasn't buried by the explosion. Maybe you could put it to the left of the enemy like the "not effective" notice? Based on my 6-7 equipment pieces, I'm getting a little worried that I'll be sitting on oodles of smoke emitters in the early game and need to sort through them to find the other stuff. (I only have one Hellbore Emitter and one Omega Drone that aren't smoke emitters.) Is it planned to bring equipment to officers soon? I was slightly annoyed that ground combat didn't produce overkills. I just checked the files (if this is considered cheating, let me know), and it appears that the system supports it. What I was really looking for was a correlation between ships and the type of equipment they drop, but that wasn't in any of the quick search locales, if it's in there at all.
Celebrate with me! I finally hit Sentinel!

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
Re: New Equipment
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 07:43:42 PM »
Now that the forums are back, I have some more thoughts.

1. The Foundry. This seems like a really expensive way to get Omega Drones if we only get one piece of equipment per shot. Is there something the game isn't telling me? Like, this gives an unlimited supply of equipment pieces?
2. Omega Drones. These are nice, but they could stand to tell us how many shots they have left without having them equipped. I first saw them and assumed they were once and done things.
3. Non-consumables. I kind of see why these add vulnerabilities, but I'd prefer to see buffed hull make you less vulnerable to Vulnerable and Hull Breach. Same for the other versions. I'd almost recommend swapping the consumability on these with the faction-specific consumables. That way, it would be an optional stat boost with vulnerability or a smaller stat boost with resistance.  I'm not certain that that would be better, but I do think it needs some balancing.
4. What is the formula for determining overkills? I feel like this has a random element that should not be there.

MDI_Cassentra

• Massive Damage
  • Legend
  • Survivor Support Team
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 12:38:20 PM »
Thanks for the thoughts, MongooseCalledFred! We've shared your feedback with our folks. :)

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 07:41:42 PM »
Just one more thing: the Yabling consumable mentions immobilized resistance, but that's one of maybe three places the word shows up in game (as opposed to innumerable places in the files). I was initially confused whether it was referring to Engines Down or Ship Disable, considering that your ship visually stops moving when disabled.