Author Topic: [POSSIBLE SPOILERS] Lore of the Rings, Erm, Halcyons  (Read 684 times)

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
  • I think, therefore I'm slow.
    • Guide to Beating the Chimera
Re: [POSSIBLE SPOILERS] Lore of the Rings, Erm, Halcyons
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2017, 05:24:26 PM »
Season 4, Episode 1
*Camera zooms in on a small science ship*

Captain's Log, Date: [REDACTED]. Today our sensors picked up a faint distress signal on a little used frequency. The ship's crew is trying to amplify it so that we can decipher some apparently garbled words. In the meantime, we are trying to establish the direction from which it is coming.

Captain's Log, Date: [REDACTED]. Today we were successful in identifying the direction of the distress signal. The translators are still working on the garbled works. We are attempting to contact the distressed whatever-it-is.

Stay tuned for Season 4, Episode 2!
Celebrate with me! I finally hit Sentinel!

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2017, 08:13:08 PM »
Season 4, Episode 2
Captain's Log, Date: [REDACTED]. Today we translated the garbled words. They include "[REDACTED] Station" and something that seems to be "very scary monster of immense power and subtlety." The grammar is a bit wacky, but they seem to refer to the same thing.

Captain's Log, Date: [REDACTED]. Today we set course in the direction of the distress signal. Whatever is in distress, it obviously needs our help.

Stay tuned for Season 4, Episode 3!

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2017, 07:03:18 PM »
Season 4, Episode 3
Captain's Log, Date: [REDACTED]. We are pinging the distress signal's origin. It is not changing its message in response.

Captain's Log, Date: [REDACTED]. We have found the satellite that was emitting the distress signal. We have not been able to identify the design ourselves. If this is known technology, the main computer should be able to identify it upon our return.

Stay tuned for Season 4, Episode 4!

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2017, 06:49:57 PM »
Season 4, Episode 4
Captain's Log, Date: [REDACTED]. We have picked up some sort of organic vessels following us. They are not responding to our hails.

Captain's Log, Date: [REDACTED]. The organic vessels have attacked! We cannot hold them off much longer. If you have found this pod, please send the contents to New Terra, New Terran Federation.

Stay tuned for Season 4, Episode 5/Season 5!

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2017, 03:14:07 PM »
Season 4, Episode 5
*Camera zooms in on a [REDACTED].*

Captain's Log, Date: [REDACTED]. Today we found a data pod from a distressed ship. The return address is New Terra, New Terran Federation. Maybe we can make a quick buck off it.

Captain's Log, Date: [REDACTED]. Those crusty Federation officials seized the data pod without paying us a thing!

Stay tuned for Season 4, Episode 6!

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2017, 03:39:03 PM »
Season 4, Episode 6
*Camera zooms in on an impressive looking structure.*

"We have analyzed the data pod. It has been modified with what appears to be a tracking beacon."

"Have you tried turning it off?"

"Yes. All attempts here have been unsuccessful, but we believe the laboratory on Carinae can handle it."

*Camera zooms in on Carinae."

Before the scientists on Carinae could shut down the beacon, they were ambushed by an ever-growing number of fleshy organisms. Before the facility was completely destroyed, one scientist was able to send out a request for aid. Three fleets were ordered to the sector...

THE END OF THE STORY, THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME

(If any one wants a declassified version, please vote in the poll or comment below.)

MDI_softcookie

• Administrator
  • Hopeless
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2017, 02:57:16 PM »
I like what you have here! Just a thought- if I opened up a fan fiction submission contest for our future DLC, would you be interested in officially submitting these to our community?

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2017, 04:07:05 PM »
I like what you have here! Just a thought- if I opened up a fan fiction submission contest for our future DLC, would you be interested in officially submitting these to our community?
I would be interested! ;D I don't know what all that would entail, but I'd certainly like to find out.