Author Topic: v1.3.1.1 (Beta) bugs  (Read 193 times)

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
  • I think, therefore I'm slow.
    • Guide to Beating the Chimera
v1.3.1.1 (Beta) bugs
« on: June 15, 2017, 05:31:27 PM »
(I'm pretty sure that the Beta and the standard versions are the same, but I could be wrong.)

I still got the computer's message about the Hull Points taking damage instead of Crew when I loaded a save file. Shouldn't this check when the save file was created, how many times you've gotten the message, or something else to keep it from getting annoying?

Bigger bug: the crew complained about the new Dark Matter Multiplier when it wasn't even finished yet. (See Screenshot of unfinished multiplier.)

Related quasi-bug: a colony asked for me to build a Propulsion Lab, but I hadn't researched the Repair Bay. It would be nice if you only needed to research one thing before building the required room.

I lost an officer in a ground battle, but all I got was a message about the mourning for the green shirts. No "Officer killed in the line of duty," no "Visit the officer academy to promote a replacement," no nothing. (The replace officer task did still appear in the academy list.)

The Counselors Room tasks still claim to be one-time only, despite the patch that made them repeatable. Also, I've always thought it provided a +25 morale boost immediately after construction. I got only a +10 morale boost.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 04:16:29 PM by MongooseCalledFred »
Celebrate with me! I finally hit Sentinel!

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
Re: v1.3.1.1 (Beta) bugs
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 09:07:09 AM »
Ajax Moravek would like his head reattached to his shoulders. This one-pixel levitation business is getting old quickly. For reference, I'm using 1920x1080 full screen.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 04:16:46 PM by MongooseCalledFred »

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 12:48:54 PM »
After performing the first task at the Counselor's Room and waiting for the boost to time out, I got this message. No such +16 morale materialized.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 04:17:03 PM by MongooseCalledFred »

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 04:16:03 PM »
After noticing that the tech screen refused to scroll (and managing to recenter station scrolling from a diagonal ram), I just checked my version. I'm on v1.3.1.1 (Beta 1), not v1.3.1.4. Any chance you can push a beta update with the missing hotfixes?I now know I should have switched off Beta before I started my Grand Admiral run, but I didn't know it at the time. I also just realized that the Beta version won't otherwise unlock the Hero of the Stars achievement or any of the easier ones, which defeats the point of the run.

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
Re: v1.3.1.4 (Beta) bugs
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 03:35:45 PM »
(For lurkers, yes, the Beta branch did get updated to v1.3.1.4.)

Something doesn't like Beverly Cruncher. I just lost Ibrahim Medici* due to a cadet being auto-inserted instead of Beverly. The first time I caught it. This time I didn't. For reference, she is appearing on the far right of the officer list on the map, and below the cadets when selecting an officer for ground combat. It seems to be a sorting issue.

*I had a Cloning bay ready, so I didn't really lose him. (He has a history of dying under my command. The last time it happened, I had immense trouble getting him past the Chimera.)

Prior to the hotfix, I experienced three separate instances of the Chruul healing my Paladin. All three times, the Paladin had Protective Field and Brace. The enemy had Weapons Disrupted and used the standard Chruul exploit (Chaos Cannons?). One ship was a T1 Tac, two were Engs of different tiers. The higher tiered Eng healed for 50 and one of the others healed for 30. I did not verify that the green number actually corresponded to an increase in hull. I've got screenshots of the conditions immediately after the shots if you want them.

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
Re: v1.3.1.5 (Beta) bugs
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 12:14:47 PM »
Clarification: The ship being healed was the Gallant, not the Paladin. I've just had some Young Impalers in the Chimera's Minion Fleets heal me with the Spike attack, same status effects as above. Isolde (commanding the Gallant) does have Chruul Hater, but no other traits that should be effecting this.

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
Re: v1.3.1.6 (Beta) bugs
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 12:21:12 PM »
The only thing I know to be a bug revolves around a cloning chamber event. Too many of the crew tried to use it at once, so they got trapped. I chose to use the counselor's room. The task that appeared called itself "Provide Therapy for the O'Briens." O'Briens were never mentioned in the event, and I didn't multiply him in the first place.

Other two questions. One, are spires supposed to appear in Act II? The one that spawned behaved exactly like Act I spires. Two, aren't the Voraash supposed to talk when you return from retreating, as opposed to when you retreat the second time? (Screenshots and save available on request.)

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 06:07:47 PM »
The Search for Xiao quest reappeared with a notification sandwiched between notifications for Zulf making materials and Inneborg making dark matter. The quest marker returned to the location I had rescued her from, then proceeded to appear at three other ruined facilities. I have not visited any of them. The quest in the quest log has the "Rescue Xiao" box ticked.

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2017, 11:30:21 AM »
I visited all the Xiao quest markers, but none of them had an activity. That means I have one unfinishable quest and four distracting quest markers.

Taunting bosses isn't working the way I thought it should. 5 days before the Desolator was supposed to appear, I taunted it (Task time: 4 days). The computer told me that the taunt successfully got the "chrusher" fleet to appear. The Devestator appeared (with Crushers as guards). Before it had gotten out of Chruul space, the Desolator popped up. My biggest problem: the "+5 Morale" advertised in the taunt description did not materialize. That was the whole point of pulling Inneborg out of the Dark Matter Multiplier.  ::)

MDI_ModMax

• Chief Starbase Officer
  • Administrator
  • Hero
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2017, 09:34:48 AM »
Thanks MCF, we'll log these in our bug tracker!

MDI_softcookie

• Administrator
  • Hopeless
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2017, 04:01:31 PM »
The only thing I know to be a bug revolves around a cloning chamber event. Too many of the crew tried to use it at once, so they got trapped. I chose to use the counselor's room. The task that appeared called itself "Provide Therapy for the O'Briens." O'Briens were never mentioned in the event, and I didn't multiply him in the first place.

Other two questions. One, are spires supposed to appear in Act II? The one that spawned behaved exactly like Act I spires. Two, aren't the Voraash supposed to talk when you return from retreating, as opposed to when you retreat the second time? (Screenshots and save available on request.)

Hiya MCF, great job on noticing these details! Could I get you to send these screenshots and save files to support[at]massdmg[dot]com? Thanks!

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2017, 08:01:47 PM »
Screenshots and save files sent. :)

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2017, 12:43:05 PM »
Well, it isn't just the Paladin getting healed. An Elder Ghast with Weapons Disruption just healed a Ranger with Protective Field, Targeting Support, and Ablative Field III. The Ranger has a 51% resistance to Weapons Disruption. (If you decide this isn't a bug, let me know and I'll stop reporting it when I see it.)

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
Re: v1.3.1.7 (Beta) bugs
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2017, 03:10:59 PM »
Three things today. The Korzan's "Pirated Content" mission (the one with the tablets) says it requires returning to Onir, but I got the rewards and the mission disappearance from the dialogue after destroying the third pirate fleet. The last two times that I've gone to change the loadout on my Ranger, the Omega Drones have appeared at the front of the list and the fifth power slot has been empty. (See screenshot.)

This last gripe isn't a bug: now that the officer death pop-up is back, I can see that it comes with a -5 morale. Cloning the officer does not provide any morale. I would like to see this change. Either the cloning process should restore the morale (possibly plus interest), or recruiting a new officer should boost morale. (Or both? ;)) Losing an officer and a whole tier of morale rewards is sufficient grounds for almost anyone (not playing Ironman) to revert to the last save.