Author Topic: Lightspeed Bugs (v1.4.0.2)  (Read 155 times)

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
  • I think, therefore I'm slow.
    • Guide to Beating the Chimera
Lightspeed Bugs (v1.4.0.2)
« on: August 20, 2017, 09:47:17 PM »
#1  If a legendary officer is recruited and the cloning chamber has not been built, the first officer to die will not trigger a replacement opportunity, despite the pop-up sending you to the Officer Academy. (This also occurs in Classic.)
#2 Advanced Training Algorithms (the last auto-promote upgrade) promotes new officers to Level 11, not Level 10. Existing officers went to 10. Sending save file by email. Three different officers all had the same thing happen.
Celebrate with me! I finally hit Sentinel!

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
Re: Lightspeed Bugs (v1.4.0.2)
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 06:17:30 PM »
#3 [Technicality] The Voraash Resurrectionist power negates Ship Disable. All's good. But it lists the same effect 3 times in the code, leading me to believe that it was supposed to negate all 3 versions of the effect, not just the shortest one.

evilkittenofdoom

• Hopeless
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 11:46:46 AM »
Thoroughly enjoying Lightspeed. Absolutely lovely. As such, just a few minor things I've seen myself. Y'know, to make it even better!

The pre-battle view for the Epic Power "Kistler's Ague" improperly counts itself as if it were a per-mission, not a per-combat fight. This results in it displaying as strange things like -4. In combat the effect works great.

As an aside about Kistler's Ague, I'm not sure if it's intentional, but if it fails to apply the x2 version, it still consumes the regular version of a given status effect. This makes it somewhat awkward if things roll well, having had 4+ status and actually ending up being cured of 3 of them instead. Not sure if that's intentional, but, just throwing that out there.

Engines Down applies a purported 25% reduction in speed. Engines Down x2 applies a flat -35 Speed. Not sure if this is intentional, as they are drastically different.

Status effects can be applied alongside their x2 variants.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, last I recall, the damage resistance cap was supposed to be 85%. If that is still the case, I've seen on more than one occasion where my Engineer, fully buffed with 3 different Damage Resistance effects has taken 0 damage.

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 04:42:10 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but, last I recall, the damage resistance cap was supposed to be 85%. If that is still the case, I've seen on more than one occasion where my Engineer, fully buffed with 3 different Damage Resistance effects has taken 0 damage.
I don't remember ever actually having a damage resistance cap. This may have been changed, but you could actually be healed by the enemy in certain situations. On the other hand, exploits still pierce damage resistance even if you have 100%+. It's still a mechanic that I'm trying to figure out.