Author Topic: Station Repairs  (Read 112 times)

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
  • I think, therefore I'm slow.
    • Guide to Beating the Chimera
Station Repairs
« on: July 28, 2017, 01:46:07 PM »
Station Repairs are still very pricey. In endgame, you can collect enough and you don't have that much else to do with the Materials. When fighting the Chimera, that's a Tier 4 hanger you're throwing away for maybe 1 day of health. I'd like to see the lower tier repairs improved a bit so that new players don't run into the Chimera and get crushed because they don't have the Materials or spare high-level officers to fix the hull. Before station health was added, crew were the equivalent. Crew had the problem that you were using them for those T3 ships you needed. However, crew had the benefit that you could evacuate facilities or setup your drone network to compensate.

This makes me think that maybe the Foundry upgrades, instead of boosting health, should boost station damage resistance, so your repairs are more efficient in terms of time gained. This could be accomplished by having each Foundry upgrade replace the repair tasks with a more efficient set. The Foundry Upgrades would probably need to be sequential in that case.

Anyone else think early Station Repairs are overpriced?
Celebrate with me! I finally hit Sentinel!

MDI_softcookie

• Administrator
  • Hopeless
Re: Station Repairs
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 10:47:20 AM »
Interesting! I was curious- how often do you use station repairs? They were meant to be emergency measures, but if players are using them quite often then it would make sense for them to be more cost-effective.

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
  • I think, therefore I'm slow.
    • Guide to Beating the Chimera
Re: Station Repairs
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 11:27:04 AM »
I use Station Repairs primarily for the final boss. I also use them for the Chimera on higher difficulties where I need more time. I don't use repairs for pirate or faction raids because I usually have something much better to do with 1500 Materials. If the prices were lower, I might drop the priority of base raids form "Drop everything that isn't also expensive" to about the same level as the facility raids. Part of the problem could be the time involved. If it's an emergency repair, it should never feel like you need an officer locked in the Repair Bay to keep you alive when a boss shows up.

Somehow, keeping your station in one piece is the only timer that you can throw money at to extend it. It might help if it was more obvious how much damage was being dealt at what rate, so you could actually plan.

What if each task repaired the same amount, but you could spend more Materials to do the task faster?
Celebrate with me! I finally hit Sentinel!