Author Topic: Kistler's Ague Bug(s?)  (Read 102 times)

evilkittenofdoom

• Hopeless
Kistler's Ague Bug(s?)
« on: September 20, 2017, 08:48:56 PM »
As of v 1.4.1.0.

Kistler's Ague can list as a negative value of remaining uses in the readying for battle menu where you can reselect powers and observe the enemy fleet. This value pertains to how many times you have used it, as if it were a per mission and not per battle power. It functions properly in battle, however.

The possibly not a bug : Kistler's Ague can cause existing status effects to be cured on enemies if they resist the doubled version, since it consumes the existing ones for this to occur.

Other Possibly Not a Bug : The Engines Down x2 Status Effect applies a flat -35 Speed, as opposed to the -25% speed that regular Engines Down applies. A DRASTIC difference, that.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 08:51:52 PM by evilkittenofdoom »

MongooseCalledFred

• Global Moderator
  • Sentinel
  • I think, therefore I'm slow.
    • Guide to Beating the Chimera
Re: Kistler's Ague Bug(s?)
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 12:25:53 PM »
I'm betting the first problem has something to do with a difference in the consumable code section. Matter reconstruction, cauterize hull, and all other limited-use science powers use:
Code: [Select]
is_consumable = true
consumable_count = 1
The number is greater for the non-epic powers.
Kistler's Ague uses:
Code: [Select]
limited_use = true
use_count = 1
has_volley = false
can_be_disrupted = false
is_consumable               =   false
consumable_count            =   0
Starbase Commander healing powers use the limited_use and use_count lines. This implies that Kistler's Ague should be usable once per battle. I have no clue why the stored number is off. (And when I say should, I mean code wise, not developer plan wise.)

As to the second part: which enemies have resisted the effects, and which effects did they resist?

Third part: based on my experience with absolutes and percents getting confused, that's probably a bug.
Celebrate with me! I finally hit Sentinel!

MDI_softcookie

• Administrator
  • Hopeless
Re: Kistler's Ague Bug(s?)
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 10:00:32 AM »
As of v 1.4.1.0.

Kistler's Ague can list as a negative value of remaining uses in the readying for battle menu where you can reselect powers and observe the enemy fleet. This value pertains to how many times you have used it, as if it were a per mission and not per battle power. It functions properly in battle, however.

The possibly not a bug : Kistler's Ague can cause existing status effects to be cured on enemies if they resist the doubled version, since it consumes the existing ones for this to occur.

Other Possibly Not a Bug : The Engines Down x2 Status Effect applies a flat -35 Speed, as opposed to the -25% speed that regular Engines Down applies. A DRASTIC difference, that.

Hi there, these sound like bugs to me (especially the engines down status effects). We have had some minor hiccups with using absolute values and percentages beforehand so this may be another skill that we need to amend. I'll log these issues in and will reply here again if an error report or save file is required.