Author Topic: The Walking Dead (*possible spoilers*)  (Read 2628 times)

Machina

• Mercenary
  • Shhh, I'm a secret.
The Walking Dead (*possible spoilers*)
« on: November 10, 2011, 01:29:13 PM »
http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead

One of the best comics, now a TV show on AMC.

General Discussion Thread.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 03:05:07 PM by Machina »
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

Piranha

• Survivor
  • advance or a8scond!
    • JUNK!garage
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 02:59:28 PM »
Absolutely love reading the comics and am actually really loving the show too. I actually like how events and people don't match up perfectly between the comic and the show. It's kind of nice seeing two different spins on how things could happen to the world it takes place in. It keeps the concept a little bit fresher. About as fresh as decaying corpses can be, anyway.

You might want to put a note in the subject that there may be spoilers for the comic/show depending on how discussion evolves.  8)

Machina

• Mercenary
  • Shhh, I'm a secret.
Re: The Walking Dead (*possible spoilers*)
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 03:09:13 PM »
Edit note: possible spoilers added to topic. good call.

Yeah, I've like the difference. I still have to catch up on the show myself. I've been re-watching season 1 on Netflix. And AMC will stream the new episodes, but I'm a bit behind on season too. I'm excited for it though.

I'm rather big on character development, so I'm interested in seeing how things shake down.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

CompassNorth

• Hopeless
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 11:58:37 PM »
I've been a fan since the first episode.
I don't have the money to buy the comic books but I once I find a job I'll be sure to pick them up.

But as for the T.V. show the past few episodes have been pretty boring in my opinion.

Piranha

• Survivor
  • advance or a8scond!
    • JUNK!garage
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 05:03:35 PM »
I still need to catch up on the show. I've missed the past 3 episodes now. No matter how I mess with my television's settings, I couldn't get enough visibility for the scenes taking place at night. And considering a couple episodes now have been almost completely at night time, I was kind of screwed. XP I could HEAR the action but couldn't SEE it. Lame. I'm waiting until I get to a better tv to catch up.

Dark-Cloud

• Hopeless
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 10:44:26 PM »
I don't watch too many shows on tv, nowdays, but The Walking Dead is an exception. I have read though, there is some sort conflict between AMC and writers I think. This show is original, I hope it stays like that, any changes may affect viewers interest.
“Crown fer king!!"

Machina

• Mercenary
  • Shhh, I'm a secret.
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 09:11:14 AM »
I don't watch too many shows on tv, nowdays, but The Walking Dead is an exception. I have read though, there is some sort conflict between AMC and writers I think. This show is original, I hope it stays like that, any changes may affect viewers interest.

I know and I agree. But doesn't that seem to be the case. We find something awesome and different, then the network shuts it down for some dumb-reality-drama-*insert slew of offensive words*. Meanwhile we have a graveyard full of 1 or 2 seasoned shows that could have been awesome (and the other Firefly fans out there softly weep with me).

Douglaselali

• Legend
    • co0tq1ze
so4qovez
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2019, 03:20:48 PM »

sponsenen

• Hopeless

Stewartmyday

• Sentinel
    • sfqz01sy