Author Topic: More detailed location info?  (Read 2199 times)

Pendragon

• Hopeless
More detailed location info?
« on: September 11, 2011, 03:32:50 PM »
I realize this may be a limitation o the Foursquare API, but it would be handy if there was a way to display additional information about a location rather than just the name.  This is especially important for generic locations like "Starbucks" where they may be several in the same area.  I'd suggest simply displaying address information on the "Investigate" screen assuming the Foursquare API allows you to pull that in.

Dr Zombie

• Sentinel
  • Zombie Hunting Expert D0E1FBFD
Re: More detailed location info?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 04:50:54 PM »
In first, they should display the good foursquare location, after when they will have time, they could add more info.
 ::) Lol
Veteran from the Beta Version.
First finishing the Episode 1 and 2 without buying credits.
Top 1 of the most powerfull Zombie fighters.
Has changed the most the game with more than 600 bugs/problems/tunes reported.
Add me as your most powerfull Ally : D0E1FBFD

TheTekKnowGuy

• Hopeless
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 05:59:50 PM »
How often does that actually happen? Honestly? If you're close to 2 Starbucks you really need to know which is where? If one is 200m away and one is 50 I know the difference, but if both are 100m away does it really matter which is which? Maybe before the apocalypse you received bad service and told them you'd never set foot in there again. That'll teach them for calling you grande when all you wanted was a large double double. LOL :D

Dr Zombie

• Sentinel
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 06:19:33 PM »
Game is associated with foursquare.
It mean you can connect to foursquare and put more informations on foursquare spots.

If "Starbuks" is not enought for your for the name, Edit it in foursquare and add location inside. "Starbuks Eaton center"

Foursquare's community will thanks you.

Pendragon

• Hopeless
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 08:24:15 PM »
I'm a Foursquare Superuser, and we already had that debate about two years ago, ad nauseum....  Detailed location info is actually frowned upon, as the street address and intersection should be enough to define the location, and there's a lot more ambiguity in exactly how a location should be named otherwise.  I don't' think that's a can of worms anybody wants to open up again :)

As for how often it happens, it's actually not much of an issue within a local area, but when considering where other players are and where Safehouses are located, it can be very useful to know which one of several similarly-named locations you're looking for.  Further, not all screens show distance, so the "closest" safe house could easily be several kilometres away, yet if it has a common name a player may be led to believe that it's closer than it actually is.

Dr Zombie

• Sentinel
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 08:39:41 PM »
If you are foursquare superuser, then you should stop to play.
By accepting using foursquare (see T.O.S.), you accept to not check in false location (that you do when you investigate multi places)
 ;D

Pendragon

• Hopeless
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 08:52:54 PM »
That's only a problem if one actually checks into Foursquare every time they investigate a location :)