Author Topic: 467 lock picks and no vehicle?  (Read 2775 times)

WarpDrive

• Hopeless
467 lock picks and no vehicle?
« on: November 03, 2012, 07:23:59 PM »
MDI,

I started with 999 lock picks and have been aggressively playing since the beginning of the game.  I have played in 3 different safe houses (small, medium, and large) and gotten 644 map pieces to date.  And when a crypt is opened, I scavange almost exclusively to try to get the vehicle, weapons and other prizes. Yet after 467 lock picks used (532 left) I haven't found the vehicle.  Is this a glitch or is it really THAT hard to find?

Thanks

-Warp

Anvar

• Sentinel
  • Laissez le bon temps roulez! Vive le Balcony!
Re: 467 lock picks and no vehicle?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 10:25:18 PM »
It's either random or first in, WD. I'm currently trying to find out. Either way, you've been unlucky and are most likely a statistical outlier in this issue.

Rebuck Nasty

• Hopeless
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 09:28:41 AM »
Over the past few days, I haven't seen anyone in the safe house get the vehicle on the payout screen. Is it not even an option anymore? I'm at 105 locked rooms with no vehicle.

Janimaltheanimal

• Beta Testers
  • Survivor
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 12:36:56 PM »
I am pretty sure you are not a "statistical outlier", or a liar in any other way. We have had the same issue at the Hungry Tiger, over the course of the weekend not one of our lockpick rooms has dropped an item. Frustrating too, as we are *trying* to work a strategy that revolves around the mission actually working right. I'm sure we are not the only house being affected by this glitch.

WarpDrive

• Hopeless
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 10:54:56 PM »
Up to 532 now with no vehicle.

Anvar

• Sentinel
  • Laissez le bon temps roulez! Vive le Balcony!
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 12:07:30 AM »
Whoa, that stinks, WD. And no one else in your SH getting the drops?

rbuck12

• Hopeless
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 07:02:57 AM »
The same thing has happened to me. Not scavenging locked rooms 467 times, but I have a lot. I recieved the gun and armor the second day and have not recieved the car yet. Maybe a glitch? In AP I have not seen one of the 3 (armor, weapon, car) drop in a long time.

Noraf

• Sentinel
  • Hollinwood Cemetery
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 08:34:55 AM »
I think everyone in my SH has gotten the vehicle, except for 1 (maybe 2) he's done tons of crypts and just isn't finding it despite everyone else getting it. He's even opened crypts by himself in off hours to where he's almost exclusively raiding them and still hasn't found it. Personally, I found it in the very first locked room in the first crypt.  :P Also, a few of our members found all 3 items in a single crypt run. But then again, we're kind of "crypt experts" at the cemetery. WD, if you want to come by and try your luck at Hollinwood you're more than welcome!  ;D

Areksoo

• Hero
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 09:03:14 AM »
I found now over 1000 pieces with around 300-350 locked doors and I'm still short a car too.

I do see others (though rarely) get the car.  They are almost always people with very low piece counts, so I suspect they have opened very little locked doors. 

MDI_Kyrri

• Massive Damage
  • Mercenary
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 10:19:30 AM »
Sorry to say it, but you're having a serious bout of bad luck. We've extensively tested all the crypt drops and consistently get all of them without issue. Good luck!

Areksoo

• Hero
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 10:54:16 AM »
Sorry to say it, but you're having a serious bout of bad luck. We've extensively tested all the crypt drops and consistently get all of them without issue. Good luck!

But have you tested where everyone has the 3 items except one person who is only missing the item?  This is the case for many that are missing the car.

Can you post more details on the logic of how the prizes are rewarded?  I get rooms where there are just supplies and cash (equal amount  of dots each) with no white dots.  I suspect this happens because I won the gun or armour, but already have it.  So the locked room has no prize.  These searches also don't show up on the display of prizes awarded.  I've had this happen to me a good 20 or so times... so by this logic, I have gotten the weapon and armour 10 times each, but still no car?

Can somebody check my account to make sure that it's set right?  In that, I can get the car instead of a locked room with no white dots. 

The Wolfman

• Hopeless
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 10:59:24 AM »
.... No offense, but I believe you to be a liar. I have a hard time believing that as many people as I have seen in house and on GC talking about how they can't get one item of another (mostly the vehicle), I have a hard time believing that ALL of those people are just having really bad luck. It's possible that there is a flaw somewhere in here that you aren't seeing.  If there are multiple forum topics on it in multiple areas, including the knowledge that few of us post in the forums and are just the  few voicing their concerns here, I don't see how it's not possible that their might be a bug.
"anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for." - Me

MDI_Kyrri

• Massive Damage
  • Mercenary
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 11:05:45 AM »
Yes, we've tested that scenario. As far as I'm aware the logic works, but there is a chance if several people already have the vehicle in a crypt scavenge then it may not seem to appear, but each player still always has the 1/30 chance of finding it no matter how many people already have the item. If you already have it, you cannot find it again, but they could still potentially get the room that originally had the vehicle. It's all luck of the draw.

Did I say there's no bug? It's always a possibility.

We are looking into the issue because it does seem a bit suspicious but this is the best answer I can give at the moment until we do or do not find an issue.

Areksoo

• Hero
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 11:28:21 AM »
Yes, we've tested that scenario. As far as I'm aware the logic works, but there is a chance if several people already have the vehicle in a crypt scavenge then it may not seem to appear, but each player still always has the 1/30 chance of finding it no matter how many people already have the item. If you already have it, you cannot find it again, but they could still potentially get the room that originally had the vehicle. It's all luck of the draw.

Did I say there's no bug? It's always a possibility.

We are looking into the issue because it does seem a bit suspicious but this is the best answer I can give at the moment until we do or do not find an issue.

So what happens if someone gets a room where they already have the item?  Does it give out a separate prize or does it do what I think it does (relatively equal amounts of cash and supplies with no white dots)? 

Also if the odds truely are 1/30, then after 300 rooms, the odds of me not getting a car is 1/26K...  350 rooms?  1/142K.  I'm somewhere between these odds.  This goes well beyond bad luck.

MDI_Kyrri

• Massive Damage
  • Mercenary
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 11:47:44 AM »
It's possible but very very unlikely. And as far as I'm aware you just get a seemingly blank room; so you're right, just supplies/cash. I'm pretty sure that's how it works but I could be wrong and in that case I apologize.

For that issue, yes it's incredibly unlikely but possible, but the fact that you aren't the only one is a little bit too odd. We think something might be up but we're not sure what yet, so I'll get back to you on that one when we know. It's actually a priority right now so hopefully I'll be able to give you guys some solid answers instead of just wild speculation sometime soon. Sorry for the inconvenience and squidgey answers. =S