Author Topic: 467 lock picks and no vehicle?  (Read 2601 times)

WarpDrive

• Hopeless
Re: 467 lock picks and no vehicle?
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2012, 12:16:59 PM »
I guess with 500+ crypt rooms an no vehicle I am the most unlucky person around!  As I said earlier- I've done this with all different size safe houses and some just by myself. I think it is a glitch- because even a 1/30 chance I would have gotten the vehicle almost 20 times.

MDI_Cassentra

• Massive Damage
  • Legend
  • Survivor Support Team
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2012, 03:58:00 PM »
Hi Everyone

I've cross posted this on a couple threads about this issue. We've dug into the data and can offer the following details:

- every crypt has the potential to award the vehicle, weapon and the armour.
- a survivor cannot win any of these items more than once.
- when a locked room with a special event item is scavenged by a survivor that already has that item, no item is awarded.
- each crypt is an independent trial, there is no weighting or preference given to who gets what room.

So, if you have 7 people hitting the locked rooms in a crypt and 6 have vehicles, for example, that one survivor needs to get lucky twice by a) picking the room with the vehicle and b) finding that room before it's been grabbed by another survivor who already has the vehicle.

Hope this information helps. Happy looting.

RachaelP

• Hopeless
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2012, 04:09:12 PM »
Same SH - no car. Haven't opened near as many as Warp, but I take screenshots of a lot of crypts. Haven't seen it in a couple days.

WarpDrive

• Hopeless
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2012, 04:24:11 PM »
Cassentra- yesterday my two kids and I opened a crypt and got all 30 lock picks rooms. None of us have the car. And no one got it. Thoughts?  Just the three of us in the safe house.

MDI_Cassentra

• Massive Damage
  • Legend
  • Survivor Support Team
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2012, 04:34:21 PM »
That's very interesting, WarpDrive. Can you please post or PM me the other two user names and the safehouse name? I'll ask the devs to investigate.

Areksoo

• Hero
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2012, 04:56:05 PM »
Hi Everyone

I've cross posted this on a couple threads about this issue. We've dug into the data and can offer the following details:

- every crypt has the potential to award the vehicle, weapon and the armour.
- a survivor cannot win any of these items more than once.
- when a locked room with a special event item is scavenged by a survivor that already has that item, no item is awarded.
- each crypt is an independent trial, there is no weighting or preference given to who gets what room.

So, if you have 7 people hitting the locked rooms in a crypt and 6 have vehicles, for example, that one survivor needs to get lucky twice by a) picking the room with the vehicle and b) finding that room before it's been grabbed by another survivor who already has the vehicle.

Hope this information helps. Happy looting.

From an odds point of view, you don't have to be "lucky twice".  When others pick a lock, it doesn't decrease the odds that you can get a car... it reduces the number of chances at getting a car and this is only assuming you can unlock all doors yourself.  Think about it like this: 

If somebody gets the car, then sure your odds are now 0/29 for the rest of the crypt.  But if they didn't get the car, then your odds are now better for you at 1/29.  0/29 will happen 1/30 crypts, 1/29 will happen 29/30 crypts.  Add up the odds and you are back at 1/30 odds.

This is why I strongly feel there's something within the coding that says I am not eligible for the car.  The only way to prove this is if I do a crypt with no time limit, so I can unlock all the doors myself.  Which I would do if given the chance.  Hint hint.  I'll even collect all the pieces myself. 

WarpDrive

• Hopeless
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2012, 05:06:27 PM »
Federation Headquarters. Number One. Silverstar1. Sunday morning.

MDI_Cassentra

• Massive Damage
  • Legend
  • Survivor Support Team
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2012, 06:04:26 PM »
Thanks, WarpDrive. I've passed this to the devs for review.

Furyo

• Hopeless
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2012, 09:30:47 PM »
Just to add to this, it seems that the people in my house that did get the car got it in the first two days. Since then the rest of us that don't have it have been clearing crypts where none of us have the car and no one has gotten one. It has been about 4 days since anyone in the house has gotten a car again. I've had crypts where I've done 12 scavenges and nothing besides the usuals; cash, supplies, stims, drinks and pills.

Furyo
Lego Factory

Alyssa77

• Hopeless
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2012, 07:32:51 AM »
WH is having only players looking for car scavenge in crypt and still no car all last evening we even took a player looking for car brought to a empty sh let her do every scavenge in multiple crypts and yet no car. After hours and hours of this I find it hard to believe she has yet to get her car and that there is no glitch. We have tried all scenarios in trying to get her or anyone the car and as of yesterday no one has gotten one in WH

The Wolfman

• Hopeless
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2012, 07:46:10 AM »
Myself and two house mates have left our main house to form a new one. Between the three of us who all need something, we have hit multiple crypts now and hit every room and still have nothing.
"anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for." - Me

Scotch Bender

• Hopeless
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2012, 09:43:59 AM »
I'm in the same boat. No car yet. I haven't kept track of my scavenges, but there's been a ton.

The Wolfman

• Hopeless
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2012, 10:12:06 AM »
Ok. Update: we now filled it with everyone who needs the vehicle. Got every room, still no vehicle for anyone. Definite bug.

The Wolfman

• Hopeless
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2012, 11:17:42 AM »
Also, I have SS's and a mod in the house to back me up now for whatever that is worth. Lol.

ThomasJames

• Hero
  • you can always count on the Pug with a gun
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2012, 11:19:54 AM »
To add on to what wolfman is saying what are the odds that I "win" a room with one of the items(I have the armor and gun) and not get the car 3 times in one crypt?
F6B69719