Author Topic: A few Noob Questions...  (Read 1934 times)

Guthry35

• Hopeless
A few Noob Questions...
« on: May 14, 2013, 04:24:38 PM »
...that I can't seem to find answers for.

I'm on a Samsung S3 - so Android based version of the game.  Installed 3 days ago.  I've had no problems with the game or playing the game, or anything like that.  It's been pretty straight forward and easily understood, with the following exceptions:

1) Occasionally, I get the notification "You've killed X zombie" and it tells me to go to the home screen --> more --> (encyclopedia something, not exact name) to "claim your reward".   I don't have an encyclopedia on the more screen.  I have the following:
"Safe House", "Outposts", "Friends", "Scratch Cards"
"Profile", "Secure Account", "PSC Settings"
"Trophy Room", "Leader Boards"
"Help", "Logout"

Where is the encyclopedia to claim my rewards?  I've gotten 5 or 6 of those messages now.

2) In the Black Market, under "Earn Free Credits" it states that I can "Like us on Facebook" to get 20 cr free.  I click that button, the screen asks for permission to post on FB, and then it flashes and goes back to the game.   I have liked the game on my FB account, but I can't seem to get the 20 credits.

Part 2, if we click the "share" button on pages, we're supposed to be able to get 5 credits a day that way.  Again, I can click the share, select Facebook, and nothing.  It never posts to my wall or anything like that, doesn't seem to work.  Am I missing a setting someplace to link up the game with my FB account?

3) On my profile it tells me that I have Trade of 1 - maximum of 3 outposts.   I've built 2 outposts, and when I go to the Outposts screen, it tells me "Level 1 (and shows exp towards next level)" and "Outposts: 2/1", and penalizes me for having more outposts than I'm allowed when I collect.  Which is correct?  Am I supposed to have 1 or 3 outposts available?

Any help/answers would be much appreciated.  Sorry if these are already answered in the forums, I have looked and didn't see the questions/answers if they are.  If they are, someone can point me towards those threads and I'll read through them.

Lessifer

• Player Moderators
  • Legend
  • KSAT-TV
    • KSAT-TV Safehouse Forum
Re: A few Noob Questions...
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 05:03:24 PM »
Hi, the encyclozedia is currently broken/missing in the android version of PSC, should be fixed soon hopefully.

You can link PSC to your fb account by going to More>PSC Settings and then logging in on the Facebook option, then you should be able to share for credits.

For outposts, you can have up to 3x your trader level but you will receive a penalty if you go over 1x. For most players the added xp gain and additional supplies/cash earned from more outposts outweighs the penalty.

Hope this helps :)
Therefore, Lessifer's answer is right.

Guthry35

• Hopeless
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 05:18:50 PM »
Thank you very much for the response.  The Encyclopedia makes me feel better, I thought I was just missing something someplace.   Even under the PSC settings, I can't "Login" to Facebook.  I get the same thing, the screen asks for permission to post, I tell it "OK", screen flashes and goes back to the game.  It won't let me link my account (or log into my account) for some reason.

MDI_Cassentra

• Massive Damage
  • Legend
  • Survivor Support Team
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 02:49:53 PM »
We rolled out some Facebook fixes yesterday. Can you try again now?

Guthry35

• Hopeless
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 04:09:51 PM »
Same thing, whether linking, sharing, or anything.   It flashes to a black plzstaycalm screen, asks permission to post, flashes and goes away.   Never does anything else, and doesn't link to my account.

MDI_Cassentra

• Massive Damage
  • Legend
  • Survivor Support Team
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 04:21:21 PM »
Thanks for the report. I'll share that with the devs.

Chyng-A-Lyng

• Hopeless
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 03:00:33 PM »
I seem to have the same issues as Guthry as well as the same phone.  I've been searching the the forums and help when I saw this and had to post.  Thanks so much for the enclozone (dubbed for shortness) but it seems to play a disappearing act sometimes I see it sometimes I don't, guess it takes a minute to load? 
Still having issues with the credits and linking up with fb, I really need to change my avatar guy, still looking for the help on that.  I know theres more but 100 degree temp my minds a bit fuzzy.
I remember now the wedding event were do we sign up?  been looking for that that's how I found this place.
keep the balance

MDI_Cassentra

• Massive Damage
  • Legend
  • Survivor Support Team
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 12:19:31 PM »
Hi Chyng-A-Lyng,

You can also use Foursquare to change your picture. :)  There was a recent app update; can you see if you're using the most updated version? The update had a number of fixes, including credits.

For the Wedding Crashers event, there is a button on the main screen, lower right above the More button. Tap that and there is an Opt In! button at the top of the page.

Happy hunting!

rolex 100

• Hopeless
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2013, 07:19:15 AM »
Hi

I try to get into my profile and it loads for about 5 minutes and it doesn't go in I have tried  secure profile then log out and it still didn't fix it  please fix

Kuromaku

• Beta Testers
  • Mercenary
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2013, 11:48:52 AM »
Rolex - you might get a quicker response by posting this to the Technical Bugs forum. There's a sticky in that forum that tells you what info to include, like your device, version, etc.