Author Topic: Safehouse upgrade discounts not working  (Read 1318 times)

Trinity

• Hopeless
Safehouse upgrade discounts not working
« on: September 28, 2011, 03:18:28 PM »
Here's the scenario: I have 2000 supplies. It says that, to upgrade a weapon, it costs 2000 supplies (note, per my Safehouse level, the 5% upgrade supplies discount is active). However, when I click on that, I get a notification that says I need X number additional supplies to upgrade. So...while the discount is properly showing up on the page, it isn't actually working properly in the background.

Dr Zombie

• Sentinel
  • Zombie Hunting Expert D0E1FBFD
Re: Safehouse upgrade discounts not working
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 04:05:21 PM »
Sum of all weapons/armors = 200.000 supplies.

You paid 20.000$ for a 5% discount with armor, and another 20.000$ for a 5% discount with weapon.
So you need to buy 800.000$ of furniture to win something with this system.
(I considerate than supplies = $ because of the outpost values)

This discount has totaly no interest in game if you buy safehouse upgrade yourself.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 05:44:24 PM by Dr Zombie »
Veteran from the Beta Version.
First finishing the Episode 1 and 2 without buying credits.
Top 1 of the most powerfull Zombie fighters.
Has changed the most the game with more than 600 bugs/problems/tunes reported.
Add me as your most powerfull Ally : D0E1FBFD

MDI_Neko

• Legend
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 04:27:49 PM »
Hi Tritiny,

Thanks for reporting this bug. This is a known issue and we're working on it to fix it soon!
If you go ahead and upgrade a weapon when you have that x amount of additional supplies, you may notice you actually pay for the discounted price despite the error message you got.

Trinity

• Hopeless
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 03:06:05 PM »
Dr. Zombie - rather than offer unwanted advice, please note that I am reporting a bug. I'm not asking for the cost benefit analysis of using safehouses, I'm saying that there is a bug with how it is currently set up. I suggest you read this: http://bit.ly/ow2ZN3 for some tips.

Dr Zombie

• Sentinel
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 03:16:20 PM »
@TheGuyWhoDon'tLikeQuebecPerson
Yes, and my message was about a bug too.
It's not normal than something expensive have a so low discount rate in game.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 06:00:36 PM by Dr Zombie »

Wisq

• Hopeless
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 04:34:55 AM »
You could make the same argument about any of the safehouse upgrades.  Reduced zombie damage to safehouse?  That's only worth a few credits a day.  Reduced supply usage?  A few supplies a day.  Increased hunt damage/defense?  That's just worth a few medkits.

The current system is fine... it encourages either big safehouses with lots of members (so the upgrade cost is spread out), or philanthropy (older richer members making things cheaper for newer members).  Or you can see it as just "the cost of getting a higher level safehouse" (which makes it more attractive and gets you higher on the leaderboards), that just so happens to have minor gameplay benefits too.

But yes, if you think this is wrong, I suggest you go open a post in the "Feedback and Suggestions" forum ...  It's bad form to hijack someone's post about a technical bug with your own opinions on game balance.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 04:36:35 AM by Wisq »

Dr Zombie

• Sentinel
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 10:38:10 AM »
Why apply the rule about a game with hundred of thousand people in same city with a game with thousand of people around canada ?
when we will be enought to fill one hundred people in several safehouse in the same city, they could apply these fees, but today there are not enough people in game to apply these expensive rules.

Safehouse functions are finished at 20% and not usefull at this episode, we could have a normal prices until the next realeases with more content about safehouse ( members management, private chat, raid, ect)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 10:39:49 AM by Dr Zombie »