Author Topic: Ben Affleck is the new Batman!  (Read 3387 times)

Drachen

• Sentinel
  • ATCO
Ben Affleck is the new Batman!
« on: August 23, 2013, 05:03:24 AM »

Wish I was trolling...
Laugh! Damit!!!!

Alkaline

• Beta Testers
  • Hero
  • I'm from the future!
Re: Ben Affleck is the new Batman!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 09:56:16 AM »
He's not kidding... it's sad because it's true!  :'(

I love Ben, just REALLY don't want to see him as Batman! He'll be worse than George Clooney... if that's even possible!

Also, didn't the casting directors watch Daredevil?!

« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 09:58:39 AM by Alkaline »

Kuromaku

• Beta Testers
  • Mercenary
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 11:46:26 AM »
As a resident of the Commonwealth of Massachsetts, I approve this casting choice. About time we had a Batman with a Southie accent. Pahking the Batmobile? Wicked awesome!

DrDetox

• Hopeless
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 12:01:50 PM »
As a Batman fan myself... I am flabbergasted.

pprstspco

• Beta Testers
  • Survivor
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 08:51:41 PM »
I stand by my decision that actors should only be allowed to mess up one superhero/villain before they are ejected from the pool.

This goes for Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern. He already ruined Deadpool. (Though I guess that can be mainly attributed to poor use of the character and bad writing)

Devastate

• Beta Testers
  • Sentinel
  • [Patriarachnid]
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 09:16:14 PM »
Could be worse. They could've cast Ben Stiller.

Bardoch

• Sentinel
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 09:18:29 PM »
I stand by my decision that actors should only be allowed to mess up one superhero/villain before they are ejected from the pool.

This goes for Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern. He already ruined Deadpool. (Though I guess that can be mainly attributed to poor use of the character and bad writing)

Exactly, it wasn't Ryan Reynolds fault they didn't use the character properly, and then subsequently SILENCED the character... wtf

pprstspco

• Beta Testers
  • Survivor
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2013, 05:46:54 PM »

Exactly, it wasn't Ryan Reynolds fault they didn't use the character properly, and then subsequently SILENCED the character... wtf

I don't know, Bardoch, it just didn't *FEEL* right, you know? I didn't feel like he was Deadpool. That movie made me lose faith with marvel. I think it would be cool if they did a Deadpool and Cable movie.

Doc

• Survivor
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2013, 10:22:29 PM »
Affleck was not to blame for Daredevil's problems.  Plus, that was a long time ago.  You guys should watch Argo for a more recent and accurate gauge of what he's capable of.  It's a great film...I don't throw the term around loosely.

I was surprised by this casting choice, and I feel like I've seen him in so many movies that it might be hard to accept him as Batman.  Still, I don't doubt that he's capable of pulling it off.  I'd be more worried about the writers & director, and their overall vision for the characters after the disaster that was Man of Steel.

Alkaline

• Beta Testers
  • Hero
  • I'm from the future!
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 12:10:24 PM »
I'd be more worried about the writers & director, and their overall vision for the characters after the disaster that was Man of Steel.

Man of Steel was the best Superman movie since Superman II, IMO.

Doc

• Survivor
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2013, 01:30:40 PM »
Yeah, but that's not saying much.  The movies between Superman II and MOS were huge failures.

Tacho

• Beta Testers
  • Mercenary
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2013, 08:58:24 PM »
He's gonna be great until he opens his mouth. Fingers crossed for Andy Dick as The Riddler!

Reigns

• Weapon Mods Beta Testers
  • Mercenary
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2013, 05:39:19 PM »
I liked Daredevil

Hey!  Don't judge me!   ;D

JohnDavid

• Hopeless
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2013, 09:38:06 PM »
I also liked DareDevil. I feel Bad for actors who replace other actors. In my opinion, all the actors who played BatMan did a good job if you look at each movie separate from the first. I'll give Ben Affleck a chance as long as he dosen't speak.
Have Gun, Will Travel.